Ueda

Frequently Asked Questions
These have been asked too many times.

Alpha Test Questions

Where do I download the game?

If you are reading this before August 1st, it has not yet been released

Do I need to have BYOND or some other program in order to play Nin Online?

Nope. Nin Online is a standalone game and does not require another program to run it. You will download an installer, which will install the game in simple and automated steps for you!

What content will be in the Early Alpha?

Nothing much on August 1st. You will be able to explore Konoha. You may fight some mobs, and generally experience how the game feels. However, we will be adding content daily, and you can expect to see a tutorial and some early missions within the first few days.

What Jutsus will be in the Early Alpha?

On day one? Kawarimi/Substitution and Hiding will be the most basic, and only jutsus. In the following days, we will be adding combat jutsus. Slowly.

How many villages will be in the early alpha?

Just the Leaf village, Konoha.

What Clans will there be on release?

None.

If there is no clans :( How do I Uchiha? Does this mean that we are all genius or youth?

This is not Naruto GOA or any BYOND game. When we designed the systems, we took a lot of factors into consideration, including balance, fairness, fun and biases. As such, clans in Nin Online are not an early game choice. Eventually, we will reveal these clans and the entire clan system in a major update. However, at this point in time, you will all be generic Ninjas with 1 elemental nature.

I did not choose my Element/Chakra Nature on character customization, how do I choose this?

You gain your first Chakra Nature at Level 5, another one at Level 50, and the final one at Level 100.

What is the level cap for Early Alpha Test?

It will be 5, however, in the first few days, there will be little to no content which can even get you that far. If your only interest is in leveling up, you should consider waiting a few weeks before starting.

If there is no content, why are you making a release?

We want players to get to experience the things we create first hand, instead of simply through preview images and dev logs. Aside from this, the server needs to be stress tested, bugs need to be squished.

RP Questions

Can I RP as a canon Naruto character?

No.

Is the game RP or PvP?

No.

So then... What is the game?

It is a mixture of these. The RP elements are limited to your identity as a Ninja. Your bio must always be reflected by your character, and you should not state that you have abilities that do not exist. However, you can always come up with combos for example. You can consider commissioning artists to draw art for your ninja based on his looks etc. However, combat will always be PvP. There is no limitation on whether you may or may not attack another player, whether it is OOC or within character to do so. You do not need to *Is preparing to throw his kunai* you may just do so. However, if both players are agreeable to such rules in a fight, it is also permitted.

General Questions

How do I train my ninja in Nin Online?

You will gain experience from completing missions. You gain more experience for completing storyline missions, and less for completing side missions. Grinding mobs will give little to no EXP, and there is no "Log Training" or "Water Training".

What is a Storyline Mission?

You will gain experience from completing missions. You gain more experience for completing storyline missions, and less for completing side missions.

How will clans work in Nin Online?

When we designed the systems, we took a lot of factors into consideration, including balance, fairness, fun and biasness. As such, clans in Nin Online are not an early game choice. Eventually, we will reveal these clans and the entire clan system in a major update. However, at this point in time, you will all be generic Ninjas with 1 elemental nature.

How will ranks work in Nin Online?

You start off as an Academy Student, finish some storyline missions/tutorials, and you get to Genin rank. You stay there for awhile, and if you participate in the monthly Chunnin Exams Roleplay Event and win, you will become a Chunnin. Ranks do not determine your power in the game, you are able to do almost everything combat wise in any rank. However, storyline missions and side missions are unlocked based on rank, so progressing in levels is much harder if you remain as a Genin, as compared to if you became a Chunnin.

How will villages work in Nin Online?

We are focusing on creating the Hidden Leaf Village, and building a fun gameplay around this first. Once we are happy with the template of a village we have built, we will repeat this winning formula and create more villages. They will be chosen on your character customization screen in the future.

How will organizations work in Nin Online?

Organizations will be player run. Organizations will have certain rules to follow, limited slots, and tests for new members.

Technical Questions

Will Nin Online run on Mac/Linux?

Sorry, there are currently no plans for a Mac or Linux release.

• Like 8

When Kiri is released as I will most likely be Kiri will we have to create a new character since all starter characters are going to be leaf ninja or when a new village comes out will we have the option to switch over?

When Kiri is released as I will most likely be Kiri will we have to create a new character since all starter characters are going to be leaf ninja or when a new village comes out will we have the option to switch over?

I've asked that before and sadly, we have to create new characters. Also, another question about organizations, will we be able to have our own organization symbols or item/clothing to represent ourselves? I would except no but maybe if an organization becomes well known and all.

I've asked that before and sadly, we have to create new characters. Also, another question about organizations, will we be able to have our own organization symbols or item/clothing to represent ourselves? I would except no but maybe if an organization becomes well known and all.

Aww man that sucks... now I know not to edit my bio with the leaf character I create and just hold off on it til Kiri is released... I plan on going missing anyways but I'd much rather go missing from Kiri and not Konoha... 

Also, will medical nin be primarily medical or can anyone learn a little medical ninjutsu on the side? Or would it be like skill leveling?

Wasn't really a question I wanted to ask I just didn't want to respond to your answer and not ask a question and go off topic.

Q:Any certain order the villages are going to come in after Konoha that you know of? Like Kiri, Suna, then Otoga? or you haven't decided that yet?

I think @ is right

And this should contain more "basic" / "game" questions, such as :

How many characters can we create with 1 account? 1 ip address?

You said new content will be added on a daily basis, will it be during a certain time? Will the game be down while the upgrade is made? Will this take a lot of time?

More to come

This is a well done facts sheet however I will say one thing Rory.  We need to make a thread on the forums specifically made for character bio's.  Other wise it is going to be extremely difficult to know who is who in the game as far as role playing goes and because a lot of other players have names that would be other wise hard to remember for people new to role playing games, having our bio's organized would help a great deal.  

This is a well done facts sheet however I will say one thing Rory.  We need to make a thread on the forums specifically made for character bio's.  Other wise it is going to be extremely difficult to know who is who in the game as far as role playing goes and because a lot of other players have names that would be other wise hard to remember for people new to role playing games, having our bio's organized would help a great deal.  

I'm pretty sure our in game accounts are linked to our forum profiles for the purpose of Role playing i believe i heard that some where

By the time RPE has commenced, we would have linked forum accounts with game accounts. If you wanted to view somebody's bio, you would just need to click on the player and press a button to visit his forum profile, where his bio will be.