The Underground

Stephen

The Underground - Stephen's Dev Log

Sup Ninjas,

It appears to have been awhile since your last little taste of our inner workings, this is my first official development log since I joined the team in October of 2015. I am but a small gear that keeps the machine known as Nin Online in exciting fighting order. As most of you know the Sand Village is inbound, and without much surprise I can say that we're working on far more than you can see on the streets and from the Edge of the Fire.

I've been working on this for quite awhile, and much more but officially with the floodgate lifted I'd like to welcome you to the beginning of the Underground world of Nin Online.

The Sewers

Although you're getting a look, you'll have to find your way there yourself. And you'll have to find your way THROUGH as well, unlike previous areas in the game unless you've been through this zone before you're going to have some trouble making your way through the Underground Sewers.... Without spoiling any of the secrets that I've hidden and measured in this map, here are a couple screenshots and a quick snippet of the beginning few steps of the huge area.

The beginning looks pretty simple, but as you get deeper into the maze you'll realize that not everything is as it seems.

YCt16uF.gif

The Inhabitants

Within the Underground you'll find the visibility to be the least of your problems, if you've noticed by now the sewers aren't just filled with water. There are critters the size of lions, tigers and bears down there and the only thing they eat is meat.

K2Eo9jt.png

The Mighty Mutant Rat is about as vicious as your everyday Ninja, dare I say even more so.

The Corridors and The Ends

And just to give you a bit more of a tease, here are the final two screenshots which I give to you. The area and the inhabitants aren't the only thing that's interesting about this zone, you'll find just about as many secrets in this area than you'll find in the Leaf Village as a whole. Every turn can lead you either closer or farther to the end, and at the end you may even find yourself turning around.

1VODrLP.png

Jli1CVg.png

To conclude, I give you a final welcome to my very thoughtful and twisted world of mystery and of course before I wrap this up I'd like to thank the rest of development team for giving me their support with this mini-project of mine. And of course I welcome all of you to continue suggesting you're beautiful content ideas, I read them everyday as I drink my morning coffee and bite into my mid-morning doughnut.

Thanks for everything Ninjas,

Stephen ( Formerly known as Yoshimitsu)

• Like 16

This seems like the perfect place for me to live and do my testing without anyone to disturb me, the only problem is, I will have to spend a lot of money on candles but a small price to pay to keep my secrets from getting out. @Stephen I hope you don't mind me turning this house of horror you made into home. 

47 minutes ago, Dareem said:

This seems like the perfect place for me to live and do my testing without anyone to disturb me, the only problem is, I will have to spend a lot of money on candles but a small price to pay to keep my secrets from getting out. @Stephen I hope you don't mind me turning this house of horror you made into home. 

The darkness is going to be the least of your worries, and the rats aren't as bad as the secrets :)

10 hours ago, Stephen said:

The darkness is going to be the least of your worries, and the rats aren't as bad as the secrets :)

Good, the more secrets the better, that means that if I stay down there long enough I will learn more and more each day. my new home seems better and better the more I hear about it.