2nd Chunin Exams Recap

Seth

Banner2nd.png.8b6ad38d6ab6abea424f593231f3503a.png

Dear Ninja,

We had a Chunin Exams event on the 23rd of July, quite a long time ago. Sorry it took us so long to get the recap up. We've cut it up to shorten it and basically showcase the important parts of the event. Let us know if we did anything wrong and we will improve on the next one. @HypnoMan was expected, but he didn't show up on time and had to fill in for him. There may no longer be a voice shoutcaster, we are not sure what you guys prefer. Let us know! This is also still a big work in progress and we are still improving our performances.

Our next step is to get Closed Beta out! We know people are salty about losing both Chunin Exams and feel like they were cheated, we won't make each one feel like this and are making improvements. Even though, we want it to be hard - sometimes it can be too hard. We will try to mix it up a bit and not always have the same host. The 3rd Chunin Exams will be hosted by me.

Shoutcaster @Seth

Editor @Jester

• Like 4

I only had one problem with this exam and that was the trick question that was not given as one which would of made everyone fail the exam.

For the list of things that I would like to see happen for and in exams.

1) Questions being based on the game's lore and not on a TV show that not everyone would of watched.

2) A place where players can train their minds and not only their body for the exams, (namely a library which have lots of informations about the game, such as distant history, past events, event winners, missions, jutsu types and combinations, masterys and their pros and cons, mobs, locations on the map and even places of interest just to name a few.

3) Stages that require smart use of jutsus that's doable by every mastery.  

4) A PvP mental elimination stage whereby players race against each other to see who will go on to the next stage by just solve puzzles or passing obstacles faster than their opponents.

5) A random event that puts a stop to the flow of the exam which will now test players ability to adapt to different situations that may even give them the rank of chunin based on their performances. 

That's just a few that I can think about now, I know that not all of them can be added to the game but this is my list so if anyone have a problem with it, make your own.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dareem said:

I only had one problem with this exam and that was the trick question that was not given as one which would of made everyone fail the exam.

For the list of things that I would like to see happen for and in exams.

1) Questions being based on the game's lore and not on a TV show that not everyone would of watched.

2) A place where players can train their minds and not only their body for the exams, (namely a library which have lots of informations about the game, such as distant history, past events, event winners, missions, jutsu types and combinations, masterys and their pros and cons, mobs, locations on the map and even places of interest just to name a few.

3) Stages that require smart use of jutsus that's doable by every mastery.  

4) A PvP mental elimination stage whereby players race against each other to see who will go on to the next stage by just solve puzzles or passing obstacles faster than their opponents.

5) A random event that puts a stop to the flow of the exam which will now test players ability to adapt to different situations that may even give them the rank of chunin based on their performances. 

That's just a few that I can think about now, I know that not all of them can be added to the game but this is my list so if anyone have a problem with it, make your own.

I do agree but it is easier said than done.

3 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

I do agree but it is easier said than done.

Yes it is but just think how epic it would make the exam if as a fight is going on in the arena, some random snakes just appear and as players leave the arena, they see that the whole village is full of snakes with to boss snakes in the middle of the village and when the players finally take them out they have to go and take out the ninja that summon the snakes with the most outstanding ninjas in that time of crisis gets the rank of chunin.

That's just something I would like to see and be a part of.

• Like 1

The Exam was alright, that Question was good. The only thing I want to see is a bug free Exam, or at least minor Bugs so people won't "pass" by default. That completely ruined the Event for me. Other then that, keep doing what you are doing.

Also, PLEASE have a shout caster. And if it's not possible add commentary in Post :P
It just has a better feel to it in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Dareem said:

Yes it is but just think how epic it would make the exam if as a fight is going on in the arena, some random snakes just appear and as players leave the arena, they see that the whole village is full of snakes with to boss snakes in the middle of the village and when the players finally take them out they have to go and take out the ninja that summon the snakes with the most outstanding ninjas in that time of crisis gets the rank of chunin.

That's just something I would like to see and be a part of.

Tbh, This would be okay as a "one time" thing, not a repeatable Chunin Exams like its supposed to be. - Those Exams are repeating everytime, CE1,CE2 and CE3 - Repeat.

Now imagine,  EVERYTIME we got a Chunin Exams, the Village is on fire.. its fun the first time, quite boring the following times.

It is an Exam in a game, not an animated scene in your favorite tv show. ' -'

I prefer having everytime different questions, different enemys and different experiences. - Than having the same thing happening over and over.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Konahri said:

I prefer having everytime different questions, different enemys and different experiences. - Than having the same thing happening over and over.

This is perfect, I totally agree. Something special can happen but it shouldn't be a reoccurring theme. Same Exams but with little tweaks to make them different. 

Unfortunately, the Chunin Exam is and always will only allow 2-3 ninjas to pass each time, and with the amount of people joining each time being around 50, and the objective of the tests to filter out around 96% of ninjas. it is impossible to please people or prevent the salt.

That being said, when the Chunins is run as a monthly event, 2-3 ninjas will make around 30 Chunins in a year per village.

I was also very disappointed that Stage 3 had to be cancelled. Somebody on the team had edited the puzzle item to be non-tradeable before I could notice after intensive testing. That stage was actually the one I had spent the most time working on.

12 minutes ago, Rory said:

I was also very disappointed that Stage 3 had to be cancelled. Somebody on the team had edited the puzzle item to be non-tradeable before I could notice after intensive testing. That stage was actually the one I had spent the most time working on.

Mistakes happen, overall I really enjoyed the CE setup, it did show up, that even beginners got a chance to become Chunin and can be on the same level as the veterans of NinOnline.

We all are here to actually test your ideas and work, to help you improving it, to be even more interesting the next time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Konahri said:

Tbh, This would be okay as a "one time" thing, not a repeatable Chunin Exams like its supposed to be. - Those Exams are repeating everytime, CE1,CE2 and CE3 - Repeat.

Now imagine,  EVERYTIME we got a Chunin Exams, the Village is on fire.. its fun the first time, quite boring the following times.

It is an Exam in a game, not an animated scene in your favorite tv show. ' -'

The plan of it is not to happen more than once and if they have something like this to happen more than once, then it should only be 1 in 12+ exams.

As a side note, we will be improving the audio quality next time and include the game sounds. It was cut this time, in order to include music for each scene that was unique to the part of the exam - since we recorded the game music on top of the game sound rather than separating them. Thanks again everyone! :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody, I am a new member and some questions and ideas about the game but always like to read the topics to understand more, I know this topic is old but wanted to know how the chunin examination, it is possible to pass the three team members if every time the tests change and if there is any application? .

36 minutes ago, Oniikage said:

Hello everybody, I am a new member and some questions and ideas about the game but always like to read the topics to understand more, I know this topic is old but wanted to know how the chunin examination, it is possible to pass the three team members if every time the tests change and if there is any application? .

Tests change, but sometimes they will repeat. The questions will never exactly the same for each examination, just the way the exam is run.

• Like 1