Nin Online Beta

Ueda

38 minutes ago, Thraxy said:

Is the ping gonna be bad in denmark?

With where the server is being hosted, your connection in Denmark shouldn't be too different than mine will be, with me getting 30-50, I expect yours to be around 60-90, which isn't too bad, and you'll still maintain smooth game play.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mercy said:

With where the server is being hosted, your connection in Denmark shouldn't be too different than mine will be, with me getting 30-50, I expect yours to be around 60-90, which isn't too bad, and you'll still maintain smooth game play.

Not really, we tested different connections and he (us Europeans) will probably get 150 - 200 ms, of course just an estimate.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mercy said:

That really depends on the server, i remember having some ping problems playing on the hawk server back then, only time will tell tho

1 hour ago, Seth said:

The server will be in Canada near East Coast close to the United States. The ping is really good for the United States and Singapore where Rory lives, so it is good and better than our previous server. It is in between Europe and North America. The ping is the best for both player bases. The France servers we were using were not that great for the majority of people except those that lived around Europe.

i'm near EU and i still had lags for 23 out of 24 hours of the day, move it to US, or the freaking moon, it can't get any worst then it was..
server pocket was problem..

1 hour ago, Seth said:

European players aren't the only player bases we care about. We're targeting mostly the United States and hardcore European players. The United States has the biggest anime fanbase of Naruto next to some places in Europe. Although, the United States is where we care most about and has always been the case.

That doesn't mean we won't have a European server, but we will have one after the game opens and has a large enough following for two servers.

Seth to be honest the way you answered it's just feels to me like showing middle finger to European player base, sorry to write it like that but that's just what I feel

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Saku said:

Not really, we tested different connections and he (us Europeans) will probably get 150 - 200 ms, of course just an estimate.

On my server he's getting around 120 which isn't too bad. My game is hosted in New Jersey, USA. So 150'ish sounds pretty spot on.

• Like 1

Just now, Mercy said:

On my server he's getting around 120 which isn't too bad. My game is hosted in New Jersey, USA. So 150'ish sounds pretty spot on.

Still pretty high, but not unplayable. I mean at 120 you can feel it, but its not unplayble, but at like 150-200 it gets pretty bad.

Just now, Thraxy said:

Still pretty high, but not unplayable. I mean at 120 you can feel it, but its not unplayble, but at like 150-200 it gets pretty bad.

I just don't find I notice it too much (personal opinion) until the 200-250 range. I frequent the 150'ish range on some games and unless if it's something like League of Legends, I've not noticed much of a delay if in the 120+ range. Different experiences for different people though, no doubt. :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seth said:

European players aren't the only player bases we care about. We're targeting mostly the United States and hardcore European players. The United States has the biggest anime fanbase of Naruto next to some places in Europe. Although, the United States is where we care most about and has always been the case.

That doesn't mean we won't have a European server, but we will have one after the game opens and has a large enough following for two servers.

If you will have a European server as well, aren't you just reverting to an older state of the game (Hawk & Snake server)?
- Cause back then, everyone (US & EU players alike) all played on the European (Snake) server. So, what is the point of splitting the game into two servers once again?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Niti said:

If you will have a European server as well, aren't you just reverting to an older state of the game (Hawk & Snake server)?
- Cause back then, everyone (US & EU players alike) all played on the European (Snake) server. So, what is the point of splitting the game into two servers once again?

He said that he will split the game when the players will be enough for 2 servers. He will not add European server now.

7 minutes ago, Ghoul said:

To be fair people in NA had to deal with it, so EU shouldn't be worried especially since it's a better server(Indra is NA and did pretty well)

EU server had pocket problems that Robin had no time to fix.
even tho i'm from EU area i still had lags 99% of that day over 500-900 ping, if US server won't have that problem i might get 150, so it's much better either way

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wilkor said:

Seth to be honest the way you answered it's just feels to me like showing middle finger to European player base, sorry to write it like that but that's just what I feel

European players have got a luxury server for years. We're migrating to the US server, for now, to see how it goes. The other server location wasn't that good. When we buy a new server soon, you can pick that which will be more optimized for Europe region rather than the entire player base.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Seth said:

European players have got a luxury server for years. We're migrating to the US server, for now, to see how it goes. The other server location wasn't that good. When we buy a new server soon, you can pick that which will be more optimized for Europe region rather than the entire player base.

If we could get one that is optimal for every player, that would be awesome. But a server in Canada is in no way the most optimal for both regions. It is clearly advantageous for American players like the old one was advantageous to European players.

2 minutes ago, Niti said:

If we could get one that is optimal for every player, that would be awesome. But a server in Canada is in no way the most optimal for both regions. It is clearly advantageous for American players like the old one was advantageous to European players.

Our host is a French company, OVH. We have yet to find a good host for the United States. OVH dedicated has not been moved to yet, we're still planning our Open Beta plans.

9 minutes ago, Sarus said:

RIP eastern europeans and middle easterns PING

during my close beta it was hell, can't see it get any worst,
the only change server can make, is only for the better at this point.

58e97588e6636_lag2.png.e16a9d8ca9e44c71abb02c9ca3d33133.pnglaggy.png.4e5de87dc797729000b2e738e160d354.png

at best of times ping was 150. worst of time was at 1k+
(what fps drop i had there ^ .^)

worth note, i run any game with 30-45 ping..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Absolian said:

during my close beta it was hell, can't see it get any worst,
the only change server can make, is only for the better at this point.

58e97588e6636_lag2.png.e16a9d8ca9e44c71abb02c9ca3d33133.pnglaggy.png.4e5de87dc797729000b2e738e160d354.png

at best of times ping was 150. worst of time was at 1k+
(what fps drop i had there ^ .^)

Yep my ping was also 150-900, 70 was like a divine miracle.