Nin Online Beta

Ueda

3 hours ago, Absolian said:

during my close beta it was hell, can't see it get any worst,
the only change server can make, is only for the better at this point.

58e97588e6636_lag2.png.e16a9d8ca9e44c71abb02c9ca3d33133.pnglaggy.png.4e5de87dc797729000b2e738e160d354.png

at best of times ping was 150. worst of time was at 1k+
(what fps drop i had there ^ .^)

worth note, i run any game with 30-45 ping..

Ugh, I bet the game was unplayable with that FPS drop :P

7 minutes ago, Shichiro said:

I'm being facetious :P 
I mean the human eye can't really see anything above 1000ish as it is.

I think it's only 60 hence why games refer to cap it at 60 instead of going for more because you won't see much difference.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ghoul said:

I think it's only 60 hence why games refer to cap it at 60 instead of going for more because you won't see much difference.

It's 1000 roughly. The cap is typically 60 because 60 is what most games provide the best experience at, and you'll experience nothing better if higher.

1 hour ago, Mercy said:

It's 1000 roughly. The cap is typically 60 because 60 is what most games provide the best experience at, and you'll experience nothing better if higher.

Not even necessarily that, so much as most monitors cap at 60 MHz refresh rate, so any FPS you're getting above that can't be detected.

P.S. Get Korean monitors btw.  They're cheap and you can overclock their refresh rate to 100+ :D

Well, I just hope you guys realize when you make a char on NA server, as soon as you see how high ping you get and want to change to EU server (whether it's stable or not) you won't be able to unless you make a whole new char.

1 hour ago, Siluk said:

Well, I just hope you guys realize when you make a char on NA server, as soon as you see how high ping you get and want to change to EU server (whether it's stable or not) you won't be able to unless you make a whole new char.

Characters can be moved across servers seamlessly, they're more like channels.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Siluk said:

O_o can't believe you didn't know this was false lol

1 hour ago, Siluk said:

Well, actually it was true before I got kicked, so basically I assumed it off of my experience and what Seth and Rory has said before.
Snake char was max level
Toad char was level 1.

I don't think they ever said that. If I remember correctly there was an issue where if you switched servers too fast it wouldn't save your data and would reset you from the last "save point".

5 minutes ago, Riley Haruno said:

I don't think they ever said that. If I remember correctly there was an issue where if you switched servers too fast it wouldn't save your data and would reset you from the last "save point".

Yeah, I remember that bug.

But it still doesn't change the fact that my Toad and NA accounts were both lvl 1 while my main account(Snake server) was max level.

5 hours ago, Shichiro said:

Not even necessarily that, so much as most monitors cap at 60 MHz refresh rate, so any FPS you're getting above that can't be detected.

P.S. Get Korean monitors btw.  They're cheap and you can overclock their refresh rate to 100+ :D

You can get monitors anywhere with 120 or 144hz though.. very common and only around $200 for a 120hz :P

1 hour ago, Siluk said:

Yeah, I remember that bug.

But it still doesn't change the fact that my Toad and NA accounts were both lvl 1 while my main account(Snake server) was max level.

When I started I was able to switch at will so that's weird

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mercy said:

Higher FPS leads to better fluid gameplay with higher refresh rate monitors and your eye can tell the difference between 60 and 300 FPS. The refresh rate is 60hz in most monitors, but  you can still notice the fluid movement and combat better.

• Like 1