Important Update regarding Beta

Ueda

Dear Ninjas,

As some of you may have known, our programmer, Seth was previously hospitalized due to personal health issues.

Bad News
During his hospitalization, something unfortunate happened, as Seth was the one doing manual transactions to pay for the dedicated server, he was unable to make payment in time for our server and as such, the server went offline and our provider went ahead and wiped the server of all our data. We did not lose much progress in development, but due to our lack of foresight, we lost all the player save data during Closed Beta up until now.

We're sincerely sorry for the trouble this has been and we'll be trying our best to make it up to you guys..

Better News
Since Seth is back, things are starting to progress again, and we're thinking of how we can make things up to everyone who had worked so hard during closed beta. We don't have any way of restoring everyone's leveling progress. But I definitely do not want to force everyone to go through that again.

Before we bring Closed Beta back live, we're going to be implementing a few new features including Daily Missions, to make the leveling experience less repetitive. We also will definitely do an XP event in the coming weeks.

Seth has also been working hard to fix countless bugs that were reported during the tests and features that I need to continue development to ensure going forward, things will be smoother. He's just recovered, but he's more worried about how to make it up to the players for this incident this than he is for his own health right now, and I understand why. I know we will have lost the trust in many of you guys.

But I promise we will learn from this situation and we're already putting systems in place to prevent such an incident from happening ever again.

I hope you stay with us as we continue to bring you updates about whats to happen in the coming days.

Regards,
Rory

• Like 14

just my damn luck..

in the 21th March, i'll leave for few months to Army Reserve duty.
(Urban Warfare Training Facilities in the Negev)

3 hours ago, Rory said:

We also will definitely do an XP event in the coming weeks.

ohh god!!! i bet i'm gonna miss that as well!
also don't worry to much, simple wipe won't stop us from play nin..

Seth recovery should be his high priority.. nin development can be delayed for few weeks / months, its won't kill our community or the game..

working_yourself_to_death_impresses_no_o

so please, take it easy until you recover!

21 minutes ago, Indra said:

Not a reset again xD!?!?!?!!!!!(had reseted already too many time to try other mastery xDDD 

Good to know. Ill do my best to stay at the top!!

Good luck! :) I didn't play since 2015 so I can't wait for Open Beta!

fuck this shit!!! all this time lost!!!! seriously give us back our lvl !!! i mean for me and kiri or kur who grind lvl more then 30 it was a fucking torture!!! for people was just lvl 15 its nothing but they dont know how it was the reach lvl 34! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wilkor said:

@TheVagabond They lost all the data, they have no idea who was what lvl

but me i remember all the lvl of everyone!!! I mean its not cool if we have the restart again and they promise they will not do that! but i know a error and they can't do anything for that but i mean i grind like 200 hours probably if its not more ... probably more! xD and yeah good to know about seth!!!

I've been trying to get him to rest more as well, thanks for all the support, did not expect the bad news to be received well at all.

Regarding the timing for the event, @Absolianconsidering not everyone will be free during a set timed event. I think it would be more appriopriate to give out XP boost items but I'll look into the viability of that. Thanks!

Ok *cough* cough* . Normally I never say a word because I'm roleplaying a guy who dont really talk or let's say not at all but with that news about a wipe, I just can't believe that! 

I can understand that the dev was at the hospital and nothing is more important than the health against a game. I am extremly dissapointed about the lost of players data but the fact is that (you told us that it won't have any wipe anymore, we had pay 20$ to get access to this game and we had play for the half of us many hours into the game with the mind that there won't be anymore wipe)!

Atleast for having pay that price and played a lot of hours, we trusted that our levels will be secure somewhere. For thoses of us who were more than lvl 30 by exemple Thevagabond, me and Kur. I can feel the frustration to have lost all that precious time, farming mobs to get lvl per lvl.

I don't want to restart from the beggining like a lot of us. It's unfair to restart when we had a promise. Think about this, dev. 

This is my last screenshot that I made from the game and I want to get atleast that level.  Kirikuzu Yoru 

ps: I sent another one of Indra lvl that was older than the first.

Client 2017-02-19 01-02-58-26.png

Client 2017-02-13 17-55-46-94.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kirikuzu Yoru said:

Ok *cough* cough* . Normally I never say a word because I'm roleplaying a guy who dont really talk or let's say not at all but with that news about a wipe, I just can't believe that! 

I can understand that the dev was at the hospital and nothing is more important than the health against a game. I am extremly dissapointed about the lost of players data but the fact is that (you told us that it won't have any wipe anymore, we had pay 20$ to get access to this game and we had play for the half of us many hours into the game with the mind that there won't be anymore wipe)!

Atleast for having pay that price and played a lot of hours, we trusted that our levels will be secure somewhere. For thoses of us who were more than lvl 30 by exemple Thevagabond, me and Kur. I can feel the frustration to have lost all that precious time, farming mobs to get lvl per lvl.

I don't want to restart from the beggining like a lot of us. It's unfair to restart when we had a promise. Think about this, dev. 

This is my last screenshot that I made from the game and I want to get atleast that level.  Kirikuzu Yoru 

ps: I sent another one of Indra lvl that was older than the first.

Client 2017-02-19 01-02-58-26.png

Client 2017-02-13 17-55-46-94.png

In that case, I am level 30 too :)

New Akat Lead.JPG

• Like 1

@Seth health is above the worries and frustration of some members of this community. He shouldn't push himself to please a couple of players. It was a Beta and though you said we wouldn't wipe, things happen and some people should just expect for our characters not to carry over. 

I for one am still looking forward to open beta and will still be buying World Blessings to help out the community as well. 

@Seth rest up dude. You more than deserve it and should put yourself first for a change. Feel better. 

Well I agree with some players who say Seth should NOT worry about us nor game but his own condition for now. I mean yeah sure the game is important and all...I am a new player, of course I can say wiping data is something I have experienced myself in other games. However I do not think it's such a big deal (game being incomplete yet and all) a couple of players say it will be nice to just give lvl's...well if there will be such thing I will say this. I would not ask for it even if I was lvl 25 or 30(which was level cap I believe?). I see it in a good way since now the players with their same nicknames can actually create a better character and stronger one hence now they know where to put points better and such.

17 hours ago, TheVagabond said:

fuck this shit!!! all this time lost!!!! seriously give us back our lvl !!! i mean for me and kiri or kur who grind lvl more then 30 it was a fucking torture!!! for people was just lvl 15 its nothing but they dont know how it was the reach lvl 34! 

HAHAHAHAHAHA 

• Like 1