Discontinuing Forum Chatbox

Ueda

23 hours ago, Rory said:

It's too much work to moderate multiple chat rooms, and we're currently trying to integrate Discord with our forum.

Instead of saying that....why not get multiple moderators for the multiple chat rooms. I'm sure there are alot of people with the ability to do so and with the will to help with that....*cough* rather than just taking the easy way out of the problem.

The chat box was one of the most essential and basic features on the forums and even more important now that there are two villages and players from different villages can not communicate from a global chat in-game anymore. It's easier to chat directly on the forum rather than to branch to discord or some other chatting website. This is also bad for new members who have just joined the game and will have almost no way to get help or support from other members.

To be honest, this is a terrible move. @Rory

2 hours ago, PrinceLoliFutanari said:

Instead of saying that....why not get multiple moderators for the multiple chat rooms. I'm sure there are alot of people with the ability to do so and with the will to help with that....*cough* rather than just taking the easy way out of the problem.

The chat box was one of the most essential and basic features on the forums and even more important now that there are two villages and players from different villages can not communicate from a global chat in-game anymore. It's easier to chat directly on the forum rather than to branch to discord or some other chatting website. This is also bad for new members who have just joined the game and will have almost no way to get help or support from other members.

To be honest, this is a terrible move. @Rory

I can think of lots of players that would be willing to do this....for all of about 2 hours until they realize they can't play the game because they have to monitor every single message that comes through.  It's very tedious work, and you'll need people monitoring it around the clock.  Plus it's just an archaic means of communication when you consider we have the forums and the discord being embedded.

• Like 2

This doesn't seem like a good route to go, many people would be openly willing to moderate the chat room, and I believe it should remain, especially if as you say, it has been around since 2013; it's sort've a relic of Nin. Get more moderators for the chatbox :)