ANSWERS TO COMMON PROBLEMS, READ BEFORE POSTING!

Whack

If maps are not loading for you:

The first time, and after a map has been updated, it may take up to a minute to download a map. Please be patient, and do not exit if you think it isn't loading. When the loading spinner stops spinning, it is in the final moments of map loading, so do not think it has froze. The map fix thread you see isn't actually a fix, but rather just download the map that you would be downloading if you waited. It's pointless, just wait!

If you get an automation error, directx8 missing error, or missing dependency error:

You need to install the runtimes. Reinstall the game, and after Nin is done installing, make sure you install the box that pops up called Crystalshire runtimes. If you have a 64-bit system, google how to manually register a directx8 dll file on a 64-bit machine.

If you can't see your whole game's screen:

The game is 1024x768. My computer screen isn't even that big. Change your resolution to something suitable. Google how if you don't know.

If your game screen is messed up, and buttons aren't in the correct spots:

Your DPI setting is messed up. Google DPI setting, and change it to the default, or monkey around until you get it to the right one. I can't remember which it is, sorry. I'll edit this when i find out.

If you are experiencing extreme lag:

This is currently a huge problem we are trying to sort out. It should be fixed soon, and alpha will continue when it is fixed. We are sorry about this problem, we weren't expecting it and it put a huge load of dog crap on our alpha testing.

• Like 1

If you get an automation error, directx8 missing error, or missing dependency error:

You need to install the runtimes. Reinstall the game, and after Nin is done installing, make sure you install the box that pops up called Crystalshire runtimes. If you have a 64-bit system, google how to manually register a directx8 dll file on a 64-bit machine.

Not working. I manually downloaded dx8vb.dll and did regsvr32  "dx8vb.dll"  and it said "DLLREGISTERSERVER in dx8vb.dll succeeded" and i still get the nin error

Edit: also restarted computer and not working and turned off firewall and my antivirus

edit : I've also manually  downloaded every file listed in runtime.exe and did regsvr32 with all of them

Not working. I manually downloaded dx8vb.dll and did regsvr32  "dx8vb.dll"  and it said "DLLREGISTERSERVER in dx8vb.dll succeeded" and i still get the nin error

Edit: also restarted computer and not working and turned off firewall and my antivirus

edit : I've also manually  downloaded every file listed in runtime.exe and did regsvr32 with all of them

• Like 1

Sadly, I am facing the same problem. My computer uses Windows XP, and is really basic. Moreover, I am not sure whether or not this is a 34-bit or 64-bit one, I tried to check it, but won't show for some reason. Also, I get this very error, the one Envy is facing. It would be helpful if you would link the google-page that explains how to manually do it, and the crystal files (can't find the link) Please help

-Erlade

My screen 1366x768.. Still doesn't fit.

because 768 = height... it didn't change compared to the previous resolution posted that didn't fit... so yeah, it's still normal it doesn't fit in height...

i still have the Direct X8 problem, nothing works... no pressure...

I think he means the interior of the client, as in the game itself, excluding the borders (where you click to Close, Minimize, and whatnot), is 768, which kinda makes all resolutions of height 768 and lower redundant. This needs to be fixed however, older machines cannot surpass certain limits and 1366 x 768 being the average, I assume, the client interface may have to be slightly remodeled.

I've got a Windows 7 32-byts system. I downloaded a DirectX8, it still doesn't work. And I already have the Crystalshire runtimes :/

• Like 1

Not necessarily, it all depends on how everything is placed on the screen. If all the buttons and interface stuff was placed using specific x and y values then there is going to be issues. If they're using variables(like they should be) then it wouldn't matter what resolution is being used.

An easy example for non-programmers to understand.

This is bad

Resolution = 1024x768

Stat_Panel_location = 900x1

This would mean the resolution is a statis 1024x768 and can't be changed. The stat panel will always have the exact same location, 900x1. Let's say you changed the resolution to something like... 2048x1536. The stat panel is still at 900x1, it's no longer on the top right of the screen, it's sort of in the top middle.

This is good

Resolution_X = 1024

Resolution_Y = 768

Resolution = [Resolution_X]x[Resolution_Y]

Stat_Panel_location = [Resolution_X] - 124 x 1

This is placing the current resolutions used inside of variables. In the case of the stat panel, this does exactly the same as what I did up top. The difference is that no matter the resolution being used, it will always place the Stat_Panel in the correct location. This is because it determines the X location by using the current Resolution_X variable and then subtracting it by 124 pixels(The size of the panel), and placing it at the very top.

This is just a quick example I thought i'd share and isn't using any actual syntax.