Combat/Pvp

GodOld

Question

I know the developers are most likely to improve this by later on, but I feel like PVP is one of the most important aspects of a MMO. After playing the combat which runs smooth, I realized that taijutsu damage/speed should be based on how much you've used it, same with swords. I also realized how people can easily run up to your kills and steal it with a punch or two. The experience and drop should go the person who attacked first, in my opinion.

Thank you for your time :)

20 answers to this question

Lool dude there were always 10+ people on one scorpion not my fault i was timing my attacks right but honestly there wont be as much Kill stealing when there are more mobs there is only like about 13mobs max and over 90 players of course people are going to get kill stealed just kill steal back simple

You make a good point, however I will say for the kills it should be the first person that attacks that enemy.  If you go up to a scorpion and you deal the first blow, in the end, regardless if someone else intervenes with your fight, you should still get that exp as your kill.  This way nobody can take your kills the game will be more balanced out.

Yeah but it would be easier for everyone if the kill would just go to the person that has done more damage.

That won't solve kiillstealing as you can punch a monster 2/5 of his health taking you 1 minute and then a higher level comes in and takes the other 3/5 in a sweep. I think that giving everything to the one who attacked first is better (of course, if the same player hasn't attacked the monster for a while, anyone can finish it)

I'm so motivated by all the player activity, I'm glad everyone is enjoying just these simple things at the moment. All I can say is that there is so so much more in stall for everyone! Don't worry about combat, as for training through just using that thing more, I'll look into how we can make the player become better at something he utilizes a lot, but most importantly - note that our combat will be very much based around stat points.

• Like 1

If you guys really want the higher damage thing then you will have to make it share exp between the players that did damage, and that won't be very easy to code.

Well I don't know the code, but I know that before you code you need to see how you're going to do it.

Something like, you make an int for the different characters who hit it, every time a new one hits it it goes i++.

So you'd have three vars for this, int A (player amount) int B (EXP) and double C (Division).

Say there's two people hitting it, and you get 50 exp per mob, it would look something like this:

int A, B;

double C;

A = 2;

B = 50;

C = (double) B / A;

You just reward the people with C and that should work. Feel free to correct me though  :huh:

• Like 1

Well I don't know the code, but I know that before you code you need to see how you're going to do it.

Something like, you make an int for the different characters who hit it, every time a new one hits it it goes i++.

So you'd have three vars for this, int A (player amount) int B (EXP) and double C (Division).

Say there's two people hitting it, and you get 50 exp per mob, it would look something like this:

int A, B;

double C;

A = 2;

B = 50;

C = (double) B / A;

You just reward the people with C and that should work. Feel free to correct me though  :huh:

Well i have to say that i myself don't know much about coding other than some basics.

I already gave up on that though, but you got a good idea of how it would work.

Well i have to say that i myself don't know much about coding other than some basics.

I already gave up on that though, but you got a good idea of how it would work.

Basically you have two numbers (ints), and one decimal number (double). What we do is we divide the EXP by the amount of people with the help of the double. The reason we don't use an int for this is because those will never ever have decimals, so if a mob would grant 50 EXP, and there's 3 people hitting it, the formula would be 50/3 = 16,6 = 16 (ints don't round, they simply remove everything after the decimal). Now, that wouldn't be fair because three people are missing out on some exp they would normally get. If a double is used, it'll remain 16.6

Whenever they do Squads it should be divided equally amongst members >IF< they help fight in any way. As for normal people attacking an NPC that are not related, give the Exp and loot to the most damaging player. Maybe a small amount of Exp (10%?) for helpers so they all get something for the effort.

Just a suggestion. I know Rory said not to worry about combat : P.

If you guys really want the higher damage thing then you will have to make it share exp between the players that did damage, and that won't be very easy to code.

That's incredibly easy to code.

That won't solve kiillstealing as you can punch a monster 2/5 of his health taking you 1 minute and then a higher level comes in and takes the other 3/5 in a sweep. I think that giving everything to the one who attacked first is better (of course, if the same player hasn't attacked the monster for a while, anyone can finish it)

That allows people to just run up to every mob, hit it once, and then run away until someone else kills it. They won't get the drops but they'd get the xp.