Targeting

GodOld

Question

I think targeting should  aim the person in the direction they interact with,or if you throw a shuriken it should aim towards the player in their direction*.

For example, you're locked on to a scorpion when you attack it attacks in that direction, or if you throw a shuriken it should follow the scorpion for a certain distance then its just ends up going in that direction.

Thanks for your time :)

• Like 2

Yea I agree. It is something I did like about GOA ;) Klaus & I tried PVP and it was pretty bad without this. We were regenerating before even taking out any real damage. Taijutsu & shuriken are practically useless right now against players lol

PvP and combat overall is still being balanced. It's harder to balance both PvE and PvP :) Also, shurikens will always kind of be useless, but they will have practical uses in future. Taijutsu will have jutsu/spells which give you good positioning in battles, so it won't be as useless.

The speed at which you can throw shuriken is actually ridiculous. (As fast as you can hit the hotkey) And if you have enough to spam you can take out a good chunk of health with them before your opponent even knows theyre being thrown.

This is of course assuming that the damage from shuriken isnt static. If it is static, then yes after level 5 shuriken are worthless.

I didn't really mean homing shurikens I meant it getting aimed towards them instantly and continue in that direction, its hard to pvp/pve without automatic aiming. I think it would be more fun if we can actually land some hits while moving.

• Like 1

Yea I agree with this a lot.  A targeting system is greatly needed.  And I feel that depending on what type of class you are.  Such as if you build up enough chakara control to become a sensory ninja, there should be other targeting colors on your screen when looking at the person you wish to attack or focus on.  About the Shuriken, I agree with that as well.  If you are targeting some one, when you throw your shuriken it should go in that direction towards them and if the oppent that you throw your shuriken at moves, it will miss.  Sounds good, and I'm sure the developers are going working on it now as we speak.  Good thread.

No homing moves is good, it really does make for skilled players. You could have a jutsu to send the weapon in the direction of your choice mid flight. It could be Wind chakra nature only or just a Ninjutsu for everyone.

Edit: Just to clarify; Homing moves, like suggested above, (homing for a short time then goes straight) would be a great idea :o. Die Hard never-gonna-miss-till-you-die moves are kinda cheap.

Then again, if shuriken didn't have a targeting feature then increasing damage would be balanced; landing them would come down to player skill and a bit of luck.

Because of this same feature in GOA, throwing shuriken at someone was like throwing marshmallows at them. Keep them difficult to land and make them hurt.

• Like 2

Shurikens are not auto-rockets that follow their target. I don't like the idea of the shurikens following the target for a certain time, even if it's 1 second. If it was like that, people weren't able to gain some skill with throwing. I think it would look better if people would be able to gain skill on certain things, like throwing, timing, dodging, etc.

Imagine: you're in a PvP battle with another person, that person can deal more damage with shurikens and you can't. That person will win, because you can't deal more damage than him. And why that person will win? Because of the shurikens that were often following you and dealing you more damage.

That's my review.

S00N

Just to clarify. What is being suggested is an auto-target function, not having shuriken and other things home in on people. For example.

As it is now

Scorpion

Selkie--------------------------

Auto-Target

Scorpion

----------

-------  

Selkie-----

Homing

--------Scorpion   (Shuriken Follows)

-------- ------------- Scorpion runs over here

Selkie--------

As you can see, auto-target would add angles of throwing shurikens instead of throwing it in whatever direction you're facing. Homing would just be silly, and is not what's being suggested at all.

EDIT: keeping it how it is now, COULD work if diagonals were added. But as of now, there aren't any and they haven't been mentioned, as far as i know anyway.

• Like 1