Exploit and rollback

Ueda

Dear ninja,

It's come to my attention that as of Seth's last update, there has been a major exploit that some players could use to gain unfair advantages. I've taken the server down for now.

I'm not in the state to fix it at the moment, this whole thing has me bedridden and in pain. So the game will be down for awhile, and there could be a rollback.

im sorry

• Like 1

So the game is down only because some of the players used exploit.. 

Rory and the others. There are also people who like the game and how it's made without using cheating for faster exp or any of that to become strong. Like grinding at wolves or rats for many hours to get couple of levels while meeting new people and being in party just talking and chilling. 

You guys made an awesome job with the game. Me personally i'm very happy this kind of game exists, like i told in discord. When i was younger i always wanted an open world online game for both pokemon and naruto. I grew up watching naruto and pokemon episodes and other anime aswell. I played the games. Now i have mmorpg game for both pokemon and naruto to play. <3  

If there is, actually there will always be players who want to skip everything and be max level as soon as possible even using exploits and such. Just let them enjoy it while they can and fix when possible and when you have time. I don't think rollbacks are needed atleast. 

My point here is that there are those guys who cheat to get higher levels, and there are us who enjoy the normal slow levelling, storyline, meeting people at the levelling spots etc. Like is there going to be rollback for all of us? Even those who like it the regular way. 

-Light 

• Like 6

I understand that you feel the need to rollback to account for those who used exploits. But, as it has been previously stated, there are those who have actually grinded to get to where they are now.

It sucks to hear that there are people cheating to get to higher levels, and that those including myself, are having to take the consequences for those who feel the need to cheat. Hopefully, the result doesn't end in a rollback and there is some way to find those who have used exploits so they can be punished individually.

I really enjoy this game! I found it back in 2013/2014, maybe earlier and fell in love with the art work itself, i just knew this would be a game i'd be happy to grind at in my spare time and would hate to see it get affected in a negative way due to impatient people who don't understand what hard work actually is.

I wish the best of luck for this game and hopefully all issues get resolved soon. I'm sure you guys know what you're doing, and those who truly stand by this game will stand by your decisions too!

• Like 1

I hope you guys trust that I would not be rolling back everyone for fun. The severity of this exploit meant that there could be players who essentially got months of experience and ryo in a few hours. This would be unfair to the players who have worked and played hard over the past month to get to like level 38 to login and see newbies at level 50.

Really, it's not like I want to harm the player experience, I do everything in my ability to make sure these problems don't happen.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Rory said:

I hope you guys trust that I would not be rolling back everyone for fun. The severity of this exploit meant that there could be players who essentially got months of experience and ryo in a few hours. This would be unfair to the players who have worked and played hard over the past month to get to like level 38 to login and see newbies at level 50.

Really, it's not like I want to harm the player experience, I do everything in my ability to make sure these problems don't happen.

You have my complete faith :)

Rory = my hero <3

*edit* The heart was a bit weird as it is a girls face with googly eyes, but you get my point lol

• Like 2

I understand that this was a big level exploit but at the same time must all of us be punished for the action of a small number of players?

As I was doing my 1st mission for the day, it was said by a GM that players should only do 3 missions until all have been fix, but their was a small number of players that still proceeded to do more and did not heed to the voice in the sky and did more than was told whereby there was players that did heed to the voice and stopped, now should the players that proceed get the same punishment as the players that stopped? 

I think that an example should be set and that some players should be given individual punishment whereby if something like this happen again, players will heed to the voice and stop and not think in their head that all will pay and they will feel nothing for their actions.

It's a completely sticky situation that you're facing, and i'm sure the decision you make will be one that's best for everyone. I have faith that you'll do what's best for the player base as a whole, since it should be the players interest in mind and at heart.

It makes a lot of sense either way. For instance, i didn't log in during the patch last night, so it's most likely i won't get a rollback. But for me to log in, and to see new players nearing the level cap would put me at such a disadvantage. So i understand it from that aspect. But for those who logged in last night, and grinded fairly, for them to get rolled back puts them at a disadvantage too. I know it's an unfair decisions to make, but it's one that may have to be taken. Either way, it's going to be unfair to someone. You just have to stand by the choice you make and hope people will follow. :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dareem said:

I understand that this was a big level exploit but at the same time must all of us be punished for the action of a small number of players?

As I was doing my 1st mission for the day, it was said by a GM that players should only do 3 missions until all have been fix, but their was a small number of players that still proceeded to do more and did not heed to the voice in the sky and did more than was told whereby there was players that did heed to the voice and stopped, now should the players that proceed get the same punishment as the players that stopped? 

I think that an example should be set and that some players should be given individual punishment whereby if something like this happen again, players will heed to the voice and stop and not think in their head that all will pay and they will feel nothing for their actions.

Then think about this, the 50 players who get rolled back a maximum of 12 hours, or the 4000 players who lost out on a month of training to people who gained unfair advantages within the time a bugged patch was online.

Im not fucking stupid, I'm just unfortunately granted a better overview of the entire situation because I've been working on games for 14 years and have to be the one who manages shit situations that Seth brings upon me.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Jetsuki said:

It's a completely sticky situation that you're facing, and i'm sure the decision you make will be one that's best for everyone. I have faith that you'll do what's best for the player base as a whole, since it should be the players interest in mind and at heart.

It makes a lot of sense either way. For instance, i didn't log in during the patch last night, so it's most likely i won't get a rollback. But for me to log in, and to see new players nearing the level cap would put me at such a disadvantage. So i understand it from that aspect. But for those who logged in last night, and grinded fairly, for them to get rolled back puts them at a disadvantage too. I know it's an unfair decisions to make, but it's one that may have to be taken. Either way, it's going to be unfair to someone. You just have to stand by the choice you make and hope people will follow. :)

Exactly what i think! Great minds think alike Jets! Lol gonna 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Teasky2 said:

I recently made an account 12 hours ago and I've been leveling it. Will the account get deleted on the rollback?

You started from scratch ? all that larva stuff etc? If the rollback needs to be done and your in leaf. I can always help you to level back.

1 minute ago, Teasky2 said:

Can you not revert all the changes seth implemented? Abandoning missions was a really helpful feature.

About that. There are some missions such as Medical Supply Mission III, that would take amazingly long to finish due to the materials needed to complete the mission. Because this mission has been stuck on me, I've been rather discouraged to play NinOnline for a few days. It would be nice to abandon missions, though I think there should be a timer/counter on how often you can abandon a mission per day. Once a day would be fair.