3rd Chunin Exams Results

Ueda

ChuninExam3Results.jpg

Dear Ninja,

The 3rd Chunin Exam aka. First Joint Chunin Exams ended this Saturday 10th June. It was met with great turn out as usual with 20 teams participating. Despite a bumpy start, this was definitely one of the most fun events the game has seen! Instead of our traditional livestream, I took it upon myself to use the Exam stream to host a developer commentary and Q&A which a lot of people seemed to like, maybe more in the future?!

This time round the exams were the same format as the first Chunin Exam both as a practice for myself in hosting a well-rehearsed event a second time around, and also because I felt the new players should have an opportunity to get this classic experience now that we just launched into open beta!

The exams saw very high level plays in the Preliminary and Finals, some of which were unprecedented, with moments of shock and just people spamming "Amazing" "wow". I would like to personally praise the ninja @soulapparition for performing amazing plays in the preliminaries stage.

Good job to all the contestants! With every Chunin exams comes a handful of promotions. For the first time ever, I was not the one deciding on these promotions, the Kages of each village were the ones watching the entire events and with certain guidelines for grading and compulsory points for PvP achievement, they decided on the following ninja!

LeafSymbolX.pngLeaf Village
@Deathmall @Tsubaki Senju
@KiwiiKat @Riley Haruno @kur @Wilkor @Godric Senju @Ifrit

Special Promotion: @Saku
Promoted to Specialized Jonin for outstanding survival abilities and medical abilities in 3 Chunin Exams.

Specialized Jonin rank is awarded to Ninja who show specialized traits useful to the village. While it is an honor, it is not part of the regular Chunin/Jonin path and hence at times Specialized Jonins will not be treated as a Chunin or Jonin will (eg. They may not be the first choice for commanders in War Events). Specialized Jonins can continue to join Chunin Exams to gain a Chunin/Jonin Rank on top of their Specialized Jonin rank.

SandSymbolX.pngSand Village
@Brae @Rainyer @Arashi Himitsu @Kaguya Light @Dareem

As you can tell, the Sand village has less promotions. This is because there was not as many of them who made it into the preliminaries and finals. As such, the Sand village Kazekage will be hosting a Village-level exam to determine more suitable Chunin promotions! More details on this event will be announced soon!

Congratulations to the promoted Ninja!
You may upgrade your title in-game by talking to Gumi to claim a special Chunin Rank usable item.

Regards,
Rory

• Like 12

Congratulations to everyone that has been promoted to Chunin. I would like to hold a ceremony to our newly promoted Chunins shortly. The Chunin Exams were truly something special as we had both the Leaf Village and Sand Village competing against one another. I hope to see everyone in game soon. 

Also if anyone is curious about their grades, feel free to contact me so I may discuss your strong and weak points to fully prepare you for the next Chunin Exam. Remember that every person who has participated will have an advantage on the next one.

• Like 5

Firstly Congrats to all the winners! But can we change the name of Specialized Jonin to like Advanced or Elite Genin? It sounds like a higher rank than Chunin and it's pretty much a slap in the face to a lot who got promoted for RPing and not running around.

• Like 4

Specialized Jounin is a higher rank than Chuunin, and Rory did mention that it is counting all three of his exams. If you (for whatever reason) feel like Saku does not deserve his rank, then I suggest you take a look at the other promotions first. In addition, go watch the previous exams and you will realize, that Saku is one of the few who actually DOES deserve his rank.

I'm not about to go on a rant, but I can mention so many people who don't deserve their rank, if you would like to go in to that topic?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sick kid said:

fight with 500 ping always cool 

unfair exams, 

if u fight against 50 ping when u have 300-500 

if you actually looked at the fights in exam, everyone was teleportin n sh1t, and hitting was difficult even for those with low ping.

#FixServers

5 minutes ago, sick kid said:

fight with 500 ping always cool 

unfair exams, 

if u fight against 50 ping when u have 300-500 

I guarantee you not 1 person had 50 ping. It was tough for everyone.

Congrats to the 8 new Leaf Chunin!! Great job at the exams. Hope to see everyone making good use of your new ranks!

• Like 1

So the exam itself is pointless? You can pass every phase in it and not get promoted to Chunin, whereas people can fail every single phase and get promoted? This is even a larger kick to the balls considering that most of the people getting promoted failed the first test and @Rory restarted the chunin. 

• Like 5

Just now, Indra said:

But we were always told that it was 50% pvp, 50% rp. People who won the exam, but failed to it because they only did PvP should have had the same chance than the one who failed the exam but did rp. It wasn't the case. RP or not, a rank is a rank. Everyone wants ranks. 

I mean, personally I think many of us who joined in were of good enough caliber to get the rank. But there was only 8 slots, and 8 were filled quite easily.

Those that did not get the rank, did not lose. They will retain points going into next test. Who knows, maybe the chunin exams is not the only way to get a promotion?

Those that want it, will seek it out, regardless of failure, or being passed on.

• Like 1

Just now, Indra said:

It doesn't work like that. Also the chosen's were Shirou's friends. Some ppl LOST their time by winning this event.

When did you make the rules? Can I get a copy?

I'm fairly certain more than Shirou decided on the winners. A lot of staff weighed in as well.

• Like 4