Dash System and/or jump system

Yellowflash

Question

head's up... i suck at explaining

dash system: i was thinking of a Dash system. In the anime they always dash away from jutsus or towards an enemy so we can have that .. that would be awesome. we can do it like Shift+(double-tap arrow or W,A,S,D or w.e) and then ull dash like (example) 5 tiles.

Jump system: If you watch naruto (most likely if ur playing this game) or any other anime.. it includes ALOT of jumping... like a jump attack... we can have some jutsus that can be used on ground and in air and they will change in air.. (example) chidori... when on ground.. ull dash in with it.. but if ur in mid air.. u can smash the ground and lighting will go everywhere or w.e

- we could also be able to jump onto buildings .. battles will be 100x times more epic  

15 answers to this question

I can see these features being incorporated rather easily seeing how dashing is almost the same as creating the sprinting animation we already have implemented in-game as is, an jumping should be easy as well and is well in demand, seeing how jumping is probably one of the most used tactics in Naruto's entire franchise.

I'll +1 this suggestion, simply because these things are almost ESSENTIAL upon creating a Naruto based game/MMORPG.

We have no intention of adding jumping at this point in time. I asked Rory about it and that's what he told me.

Remember that when we add new states we have to go to EACH sprite and create extra states. Perhaps this is something we could do once we have enough content in. For now, our aim is to get more clothes/techs/villages in.

There are design choices I had to make early on the game game's development. Choices which now WILL and MUST be followed through with, or Nin will never be released. When I started the game, I decided not to include jumping not to include more sword swinging, not to include more handseals, because it would unnecessarily slow down the game's development. It's counter productive to go back and change shit which doesn't need changing, this is what I've learned after all the years of failing to release Nin. It's an endless cycle of trying to go back and add or fix trivial things. It'll never end.

Well the jumping is completely useless as Rory has stated and the Dash is pretty nice but then again, with the shift and moving fast, I doubt we'd need it.  I just think it 's more work added to the game that should only be for a last minute touch up.  Just my opinion though  ;)