Regarding Mental Health

Ueda

A lot of us have been there, a lot of us will.
A state of mind where we're not completely ourselves.
In such times, it's completely acceptable to drown yourself in things that make you happy, because time heals a lot of problems.

If you're experiencing tough times, and you feel pushed to a corner, Nin Online should be a place where people's feel safe to unwind.

Although we're not a PG-13 gaming experience, and our community and game is open to swear words and NSFW talk, let's try to build a positive, non-toxic environment for everyone. When we're RP-ing, it's fine and dandy to behave any way you like. But when OOC, let's remember that life is short and in years to come, we will look back and remember everyone fondly for having added to the experience.

Let's stay away from comments like "go kill urself" or "just die", if in a moment of heated conflict you say such things. Think to apologize afterwards, because words do hurt. Be bigger men.

Enjoy!

• Like 17

I always have and always will strongly encourage people to stay respectful towards others at all times. There's a saying that goes: ''Treat others the same way that you would like to be treated''. Sometimes people tend to say words without thinking as to what kind of effect it may have or what the result can lead up to. But it's often good to stand still and reflect for a moment how it would feel if profane language was used on you. That's why I believe keeping toxicity as a bare-minimum is very important.

Some players may go through various hardships in their lives and would like to distract themselves from their IRL situation (whether they're having problems at home, at school or at work), we all come together for the same purpose. To have fun ^^

So lets try to keep this community friendly and as fun as possible for everyone to enjoy. Thank guys

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rory said:

Although we're not a PG-13 gaming experience, and our community and game is open to vulgarities and NSFW talk, let's try to build a positive, non-toxic environment for everyone.

Did you legit contradict yourself in the same sentence my man? How's that even possible? @Rory

Just now, Miki said:

Did you legit contradict yourself in the same sentence my man? How's that even possible? @Rory

I see zero contradiction in being non-PG13 and being fucking positive and non-toxic.
Could say I fucking love you. It's vulgar and positive.

No contradiction in NSFW and positive too. I have a lot of great sex. Not toxic at all.

1 minute ago, Miki said:

Alright, you're a moronic fuckwad, MY FRIEND. I guess that works then?

Vulgar and positive, touche.

Despite noticing that your lack of understanding on the simple point I was trying to make is probably a facade, and the true motive of your unneeded comments on my post about being positive is just out of a desire to be edgy and stand out. I'll try to attempt to explain to you the difference.

The problem with that is that the "my friend" comes off as a tad bit sarcastic after you call somebody a moronic fuckwad.
Whereas in my example, I used a vulgarity, without directing it at somebody, but instead used it to exaggerate a statement.

EQ is hard to teach! I recommend just talking to more people and putting yourself into real social situations like attending parties or going on dates. Real experience in social situations tend to translate to better behavior in online social interactions as well!

• Like 3

Exactly, IN YOUR EXAMPLE. 

Vulgar behaviour comes in all shapes and sizes, and you as an "Administrator" someone who's meant to be an official representative of the game (even though you're barely here anyway) just said it's fine to be vulgar in your game (which covers my way of being vulgar aswell), does that sound appropriate to you?

Also, you seem like the kind of guy that hasn't been to many dates or does a lot of social interaction so I'd get off that high horse if I were you, chink. (Not to mention the fact you throw a fit and insult people everytime you're met with criticism) 

EDIT: Just letting you know that people who use a lack of social interaction as an insult or whatever are insecure about that part of their life :^) 

8 minutes ago, Miki said:

Vulgar behaviour comes in all shapes and sizes, and you as an "Administrator" someone who's meant to be an official representative of the game (even though you're barely here anyway) just said it's fine to be vulgar in your game (which covers my way of being vulgar aswell), does that sound appropriate to you?

Also, you seem like the kind of guy that hasn't been to many dates or does a lot of social interaction so I'd get off that high horse if I were you, chink. (Not to mention the fact you throw a fit and insult people everytime you're met with criticism) @Rory

I wasn't trying to insult you. I explained to you the difference between the statement you presented and the example I gave you, after you criticized my point.
A simpler explanation to why we don't punish people for using vulgarities and this isn't a PG13 community is because neither is Naruto. Characters like Hidan constantly used vulgarities, and so, a game about meaningful RP shouldn't punish people for using it sparingly.

Sorry if you felt offended by my analysis of your criticism and following rebuttal. Also, I'd like to ask that you take any further rebuttals to DMs as this is a post about non-toxicity and I would rather not need to argue in it.

No need to get so defensive here. Chill.

PS: For everyone else, this is an example of behavior I want to discourage in the community. Doesn't it seem so unnecessary to be arguing about one person's misunderstanding of a statement I made to the point where he's calling me a chink? Let's do better.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Miki said:

Also, you seem like the kind of guy that hasn't been to many dates or does a lot of social interaction so I'd get off that high horse if I were you, chink. (Not to mention the fact you throw a fit and insult people everytime you're met with criticism) @Rory

I barely see anyone giving constructive criticism either way. Its always "Do X over Y", stating only our opinions isn't going to help us to get anywhere. 

To be honest we should be somewhat happy that Rory communicates with the community over not at all.
Also he gives us the best memes, what more do we need?

• Like 1

Alrighty then @Rory. I don't disagree with anything here, but you do have to realize... it's coming out of YOUR mouth.

You are the guy that kicked me out of the staff team, and made sure I stood kicked out, just because I insulted your 6-5 month absence. Even though I apologised. 

You see, I wouldn't have cared if it wasn't for you being a hypocrite, I understood that you had shit going on and that's why I said sorry. And you still had a personal grudge against me, even when that night didn't happen on staff chat. 

So please, stop being a hypocrite and stop acting like you're a ''life is short, live happy'' type of person.

2 minutes ago, Siluk said:

Alrighty then @Rory. I don't disagree with anything here, but you do have to realize... it's coming out of YOUR mouth.

You are the guy that kicked me out of the staff team, and made sure I stood kicked out, just because I insulted your 6-5 month absence. Even though I apologised. 

You see, I wouldn't have cared if it wasn't for you being a hypocrite, I understood that you had shit going on and that's why I said sorry. And you still had a personal grudge against me, even when that night didn't happen on staff chat. 

So please, stop being a hypocrite and stop acting like you're a ''life is short, live happy'' type of person.

I'm sorry to hear you still hold a grudge over that here. Unfortunately, I hold staff team members to a higher standard than the community itself, and my previous attempts at trying to communicate with you properly have all just ended with you throwing insults at me. Which is a clear indication we shouldn't work together.

• Like 1

Just now, Rory said:

I'm sorry to hear you still hold a grudge over that here. Unfortunately, I hold staff team members to a higher standard than the community itself, and my previous attempts at trying to communicate with you properly have all just ended with you throwing insults at me. Which is a clear indication we shouldn't work together.

What... you DM'ed me a total of 5 or less times on staff, all of which are me being nice to you and you literally thanking me for my work to the game.

And no, I hold a different grudge. The grudge of you not communicating with players, lack of content, and the un-needed Patreon.

You say the game is toxic, yet you don't hire any Moderators.

You say the game's updates are slow because lack of programmers, yet you hire no programmers or Developers that can implement the art Sezu does or does more maps or does them faster. 

But what can I say, in the end, if that's what you're gonna do, sure. But don't expect people to not criticise you for it. You're a game developer for fuck sake, actually develop something and stop being thin-skinned.

• Like 2

Lack of enforcement in-game and on discord, and favoritism along the lines when enforcing. Rules are being selectively enforced and the fact that punishments instead of making people afraid of breaking rules are doing the opposite. Perm Ban has to be a thing, I don't know if it is right now but it doesn't look like it.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Kuraen Wilkor said:

Tbh the ones that aint playing are picking at Rory 

Well the question would have to be asked why are there a great deal of players not playing and on the forums instead? Maybe theyve already exhausted the little content thats in the game? Most people hit 50, then what? you want people to just run around doing the same thing everyday with no end goal? Nothing new to do? Just same old same old? Dont wanna pile on here I just wanna clear up that there are legit reasons for why players feel a certain way. If they dont want to play at the moment for that reason thats their right. If they didnt care about the well-being of the game they wouldnt bother speaking about it.  But thats just my 2 cents.

• Like 3