The darker places

Ueda

Rory's Development Log

#8: The darker places

It's been awhile since my last development log. Since then, we had a short early alpha test release, which brought to light many many problems which we're working on fixing before the near alpha test. I have also taken the time to create and implement new content.

In the early alpha, everyone was confined in a bright and shiny Konoha.

I've decided to open up the world just a little bit bigger. You can now explore the forests surrounding Konoha and even enter some darker places. Who knows what kind of dangers lie in stall for you outside of the village!

Without further ado, here are some of the maps that I've created. For those who don't know much about mapping, it's a lot of work especially for tiles on a grander scale than the usual BYOND 32x32 tiles. It's made harder by the fact you have to balance between layers above the characters and below. Luckily, our map editor is user friendly enough and I've managed to complete 5 forest maps so far.

This one is a familiar scene to Naruto fans!

Posted Image

Also notice how we've added some really pretty light rays for day time in the maps. We now have a time system, 2x faster than the real world clock. Hiding jutsus will work more effectively at night, so invasions and fights in the night are going to be interesting!

Posted Image

On to some.. darker places. These are war zones, so everyone is in danger here regardless of whether anyone has toggled PvP. Here is a blocked bridge.

Posted Image

And.. a small road split.

Posted Image

These are some screenshots of the 4 times of day in action.

Night

Posted Image

Sunrise

Posted Image

Sunset

Posted Image

Sunrise

You've seen this in the screenshots at the beginning of the dev log.

Well now that everyone has seen what we've been up to.. I hope you guys understand when I say, there's still a lot to do.

We definitely won't be able to make a re-release within the next 10 days. So hold your horses for a little while! We apologize.

Regards,

Rory

• Like 11