Whack's Development Log #3
New Features!

Welcome to my third development log! I am writing to you all at 1:30 AM, because I am proud of how much work I have got done in the past few days! We have added many new features, let me start by listing them, and then I'll talk about each.

• Death System
  • New Item/Equipment Types
  • Running Animations
  • Convenient PM and slash command system
  • Ryo System
  • Online Player Editor
  • Dynamic Item Drop locations

Yes, all of these systems have been done in the past 2 days! Believe it or not, that is a lot of work - over 20 hours - and the community has motivated me to work hard. Honestly, I owe it to you guys that I got this much done :)

Death & Revival System

Before, when a player died he would be sent to a hospital or another designated spot. Now, when a player reaches zero health, they will turn into a dead body, dynamically renderred based on your players hair, sex, skin color, and other items you are wearing. You will then be given an option to wait 30 seconds to be revived by a medical ninja, or go straight to a hospital. Upon the 30 seconds running out, you will be send to the hospital, and you may return to your body to retrieve any items that MAY have been lost. It will be easy to see where you died, because there will be a body where you died at for 5 minutes!

Posted Image

'New Equipment Types

After about three hours, I finished the rest of the equipment types, so that each player may now have a Hat, Mask, Weapon, Shirt, Vest, Pant, Shoe, and Accessory all equipped and visible at the same time! Can you picture the possibilities?!

'Running Animations

When a ninja starts to run, you will now see them running with a brand new running animation!

Posted Image

'PM Slash Command Convenience System

There is now two textareas below the chatbox, one is a small box where you may type a players name, or a slash command, for example "/g". Now when you type your message and press enter, the system will detect what you have typed in the first box, and send a PM to the players name entered, or send a global message, or any other command you can think of. The convenient part is that the text stays in the first box until you remove it, so you can keep PMing the same player without having to type /p playername message OVER and OVER!

Posted Image

'Ryo System

The Ryo system is now completely implemented, which means now you don't need to trade that old smelly shoe for that nice studded vest. You can just buy it with Ryo, duh.

'Online Player Editor

A fully functional player editor, incase something is to go wrong when the game releases. We admins can easily fix your problem if one may arise, by editing any variable of your player all while ingame.

'Dynamic Drop Locations

When items were dropped before, they would just be dropped in the exact same spot. Now when items drop, they will be scattered around a bit, to make items on the floor seem much more realistic and beautiful. Sometimes, untidyness can be a good thing ;)

Posted Image

I hope this made you guys more excited for the release, and if you have any suggestions on what you want to see, post them in the suggestions forum. I love to read them, even if I'm not replying I still am! Thanks for reading!

Regards,

Whack

• Like 4

It all looks great.. What about raising the timer for 1 minute till a Medic heals you and can there be a time limit on how long it takes you to retrieve your clothes before another person sees them or a timer of how long it will take before the items disappear or maybe they wont?

P.S. - Can you make some glasses, and necklaces maybe even ear rings.

It all looks great.. What about raising the timer for 1 minute till a Medic heals you and can there be a time limit on how long it takes you to retrieve your clothes before another person sees them or a timer of how long it will take before the items disappear or maybe they wont?

P.S. - Can you make some glasses, and necklaces maybe even ear rings.

We are already discussing the time you have before you die, because 30 seconds seems too low. But also, when you are laying that as a dead body, waiting to be revived, you can be looted by other players, so you must be careful.

Also, when you die your items will not be visible to other players for a period of time, so that you can go get your items back. But you wont lose anything that valuable when you die, and it will be random. Probably just some ryo and a few worthless items :)

Sounds fantastic,

just some concerns

5 minutes seems a to long, and is there any check to see if there are multiple of the same body, seems a it silly

The body might not remain for 5 minutes, but your items will probably not be visible to other players for 5 minutes. And if it does remain for 5 minutes, it is there to stand as a marker of your death to other players, so they can feel bad for you and make fun of you in global chat :)

I think a 3 minute wait to be brought to hospital after dying would be nice, people will try to die less therefore making the Perma-death more reliable after a certain amount of deaths in a day.

The body might not remain for 5 minutes, but your items will probably not be visible to other players for 5 minutes. And if it does remain for 5 minutes, it is there to stand as a marker of your death to other players, so they can feel bad for you and make fun of you in global chat :)

What you mean other people wont be able to see your items, if i kill someone id like to be able to take certain items they dropped like money and supplies

I think a 3 minute wait to be brought to hospital after dying would be nice, people will try to die less therefore making the Perma-death more reliable after a certain amount of deaths in a day.

Agreed, if i have to wait a whole 3 minutes to revive then im not gonna be goin to go back seeking revenge and get spammed kill like a 100 times