Limiting Clothings to Villages

Ueda

Limit certain clothings to villages  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Limit certain clothings to villages?

• Yes
    • No

We're going to be running a trial on a feature. We'll be hiding names by default, until you click on or hover over the player, and so more than ever, it's going to be crucial the way you dress - to be identified by your village members.

The question is, do you think it would be better if certain signature clothing are limited to villages, like Sand's Robes and Utility Vests, or robes for missing ninja and ANBU.

Let us know, and comment why.

• Like 9

This is an easy one for me I think that only missing ninjas should be able to wear everything from both villages and it seems like a step in the right direction for me, the next thing I will want to see is limiting IP to village if they really want to make it seem like a RP game and make players work hard for information.

• Like 3

That's a big no no. I like cosmetics and I like Sand's clothing more than Leaf's. Maybe add a specific clothing that only someone who is from a certain village can wear. I'm wearing a Scarfed Sand Robe most of the time. If it's taken away from me and only Sands and Missings can wear it, I'm going missing without a second thought.

I can see this being bad and good at the same time. Me I wouldn't mind as long as I get to replace my white 35k cloak with one of the leaf ones. For RP wise this would be amazing. The only down side is all the players that wear stuff from other villages. They put a lot of ryo in to those outfits.

• Like 1

I like this idea, will make the game more ninja-like, also how about when you damage that person his/her name will be visible for you for X amount of time ? 

With the clothing I think that the 35k robes should be avaliable to all, everything else should be village tied ofcourse apart from event HQ robes aswell but all in all good idea :D

• Like 2

limiting clothing to village is a good idea because every village will be more unique. 

And the fact that we can't see the name of other ninjas before targeting them will make the gameplay harder and exciting because it will be very confusing to recognize our allies during raid, so a specific clothes for every village will help to know who is with us. 

And if missing ninjas can wear the clothes of both villages, it will be perfect because we will be able to know their sides, or they will be able to spy for a village (without the creation of an alt) So the RP will be better.

And the best thing about this "future" update is the mask. The ninja will not be able to see our name before targeting us,  and when he will target us, he will see a mask. He will not know if he must attack or not until he see our clothes. Of course, we can have clothes of none of the both village so it will be confusing for players. And they will eventually finish to attack their allies.

The best way to use this "future" update is to add MORE WAR ZONES

With many war zone, it will start to become a mind game haha

Example with the update:

*Dona is walking in a war zone and he is looking for kills to have a higher bounty*

• Dona: Oh shit! A ninja without a specific clothe of my village! I hope that he is not an ennemy.
    • *click on the ninja, and the name appear*
  • Dona: Oh he is a sand ninja i will let him alive
  •  

Example with the update 2:

*Dona is walking in a war zone and he is looking for kills to have a higher bounty*

• Dona: Oh shit! A ninja without a specific clothe of my village! I hope that he is not an ennemy.
    • *Attack the ninja without clicking on him and he dies in one shot*
  • Dona: Oh no, it was a sand newbie...
    • *Dona has one strike, and the sand newbie don't know who killed him"

Example without this update:

• Dona: Oh! A sand ninja

_________________________________________________________________________________

Like you can see, Dona had to do more actions with this update, if he does this same actions every time, he will start to be annoyed and he will eventually attack his own ninjas without knowing it :(

In conclusion, It is good for RP and gameplay BUT it can be better with more war zones.

• Like 1

That's brilliant idea in my opinion. To be honest, how could we be ninjas if we wouldn't be able to hide ourselfes because of our name floating above our heads. This update will be a giant leap toward Stealth Gameplay. I like this idea, but I'm aware that I'm going to have more trouble from enemy ninjas... Well, like it's said on Genin Teory Exam:

Suck it up, it's a harsh world.

Yeah, like everyone is wearing clothes from the shops. Most of the players are using event HQ robes + ??? masks in raids, and cash shop items the rest of the time. That's most likely the case for the majority of the people that are voting for the change. It will not change anything in big fights. It will not make roleplaying better. It only affects the Leaf players who are using Sand robes (which is the best outfit that can be bought with ryo). Sands probably couldn't care less about "Leaf's shirts with the Uzumaki symbols". Make new village-exclusive uniforms for raids (or redesign the uniform people start with, so they are more distinguishable. We can't sell it anyways, so instead of just having to drop it, let it have some use) don't limit clothing that is for everyone to use. 

I'm fine with names not showing, it will make us more stealthy and ninja-like, but don't take the clothing away.

This will be a good addition @Rory People will talk to people before they just blindly run in fighting them. It will make ambushing more realistic since we can hide under trees and our name not be shown. 

It will also make spying and infiltrating more fun. Also it will make each ninja more unique. "Hey remember that guy wearing _____  let's find him and kill him" *changes outfit* 

This will also set up for a new jutsu known as Henge NO jutsu to be added and make it worth it

As long as you can see the name by targeting someone, what you are implying is not something that matters at all. Limiting current clothing seems like a bad idea and not a big deal, it won't change RP in any way, because you can still identify your target.

Please work on issues that matter.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Magic Kunai said:

As long as you can see the name by targeting someone, what you are implying is not something that matters at all. Limiting current clothing seems like a bad idea and not a big deal, it won't change RP in any way, because you can still identify your target.

Please work on issues that matter.

It will change RP because during big raids, you will not be able to target everybody. So you will need to wear the clothes of your village to avoid confusion.

Like i said, it will be better with more war zones.

I’m kind of back and forth while I think limiting clothing would be nice since you’ll be able to identify players a little more. Then again I’d like them to be open for all, even Chunin vest as players who have them can put them on and infiltrate a Village. Both options are good in my opinion I’m just looking forward to names FINALLY being hidden from view. 

If now names could be hidden until you introduce yourself or more information is gathered(like seeing/killing them from the bounty book). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dona said:

It will change RP because during big raids, you will not be able to target everybody. So you will need to wear the clothes of your village to avoid confusion.

Like i said, it will be better with more war zones.

What you're implying is a change in PvP, not RP.

19 hours ago, Rory said:

We're going to be running a trial on a feature. We'll be hiding names by default, until you click on or hover over the player, and so more than ever, it's going to be crucial the way you dress - to be identified by your village members.

The question is, do you think it would be better if certain signature clothing are limited to villages, like Sand's Robes and Utility Vests, or robes for missing ninja and ANBU.

Let us know, and comment why.

I love the idea of hiding names. Ive been wondering why this hasnt been a feature this entire time. It does promote stealth and ninja theme. The clothing idea to me is a mixed bag. I think the idea would work ideally. But Id say be careful about it.  You dont want to create a situation where people become even more target-able by people passively recognizing a costume(Because this is exactly what will happen. You want people to put thought into who theyre attacking and not just randomly attack like they currently do). It would be nice if there were certain styles unique to villages but clothes are clothes. What is it about a particular set of clothing that would make it equipable by Leaf only or Sand only or missing only? I would leave the choice aspect alone.