Limiting Clothings to Villages

Ueda

Limit certain clothings to villages  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Limit certain clothings to villages?

• Yes
    • No

Interesting idea, very good in theory. For me, making certain clothes exclusive to their villages kinda beat the purpose of adding this new rp enhancing feature. The only clothings that MAYBE could be exclusive in my opinion is the village flak jackets but thats even that's stretching it.

Village flak jackets, if made exclusive, should then also be made more accessible (maybe obtainable through a mission) cause that will be the base for ally identification, especially for wars/raids for example. However, even for wars, the kage would just have to tell everyone to wear the village jacket like all the ninjas did in the show, so that's an argument against making it exclusive. 

I'd like to see no exclusive village clothing cause this will kind of force better cooperation and open more doors to RP in PvP. I do think that obtaining enemy village flak jacket shouldn't be easy though, in a RP sense you'd have to " steal " it or buy it from another player.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Mikecw said:

Will we get sensory jutsu to compliment this change

It's an interesting idea that i've thought about, but I realized that implementing such a thing would be quite easily exploitable by making hex edits client side. A possible idea for a sensory jutsu would be that it makes targets glow chakra colors even over trees and such so you can see where enermies are.

16 hours ago, Dona said:

It will change RP because during big raids, you will not be able to target everybody. So you will need to wear the clothes of your village to avoid confusion.

Like i said, it will be better with more war zones.

How is making clothing exclusive to villages gonna change it? There's like 5 people in the whole game that wear Sand robes, nobody is wearing the Leaf clothes that are to be limited. It could work if everyone was wearing items from the clothing stores, but that's not the case. Open Bounty Book, walk around the villages, everyone is wearing HQ robes or Cash shop cosmetics. Maybe limit HQ and CS to villages, so they can be told apart? That just makes no sense.
It is not gonna improve RP in any way, it will not make the game better, it will ruin it for those who have grinded (because of the effort, not the ryo) for the Robe and are now gonna lose it for absolutely no reason. Sand has the best training spots and best clothes in stores, why not make the spots exclusive, aswell? For RP.
We need new content and new features (like hidden names) in the game for it to be more fun, not removing (or limiting in this case) already existing ones.

Most of the people who are saying it's a good idea to make village's clothing exclusive seem to be either people from Sand (since they don't lose anything from the change), people who aren't wearing the stores' clothing, or people who aren't even playing the game anymore.

• Like 4

I do not like the idea of village-exclusive clothing. Maybe WAYY later on.. after we obtain more non-exclusive clothing.. an item or two can be released in each village (same item, different color in each village). It can definitely add a small, yet interesting aspect to the game. Like how Leaf has gentle fist and Sand has fan jutsu. I think more clothing should be added in-game, as well as in the cash shop, before we start worrying about something like this. Maybe some cute accessories as well, like mouse/ lamb ears? >.> I'm not completely against the idea.. but at this point in the game, I would only see this change as a downgrade. Please do not change any of the current wearable items to something that is village-exclusive. Tables WILL be flipped.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mikaele said:

I think more clothing should be added in-game, as well as in the cash shop, before we start worrying about something like this. Maybe some cute accessories as well, like mouse/ lamb ears? >.> I'm not completely against the idea.. but at this point in the game, I would only see this change as a downgrade. Please do not change any of the current wearable items to something that is village-exclusive.

This is actually a fair point. We should wait on this decision till there are more cash shop items. You need to give players more of an option before taking options away from them. More cash shop items can benefit both the community and the devs. Taking away without there being a substitute for the change will only be a "downgrade", maybe you should look into balancing out by adding more cash shop items or even just more items in the clothing stores. Please take this into consideration.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Elodin said:

This is actually a fair point. We should wait on this decision till there are more cash shop items. You need to give players more of an option before taking options away from them. More cash shop items can benefit both the community and the devs. Taking away without there being a substitute for the change will only be a "downgrade", maybe you should look into balancing out by adding more cash shop items or even just more items in the clothing stores. Please take this into consideration.

I'll be extremely upset if any of my current items are taken from me, though. It's not even JUST about there not being a large enough selection. Nobody should have their items that they obtained fairly, through hard work, taken away from them. Add more cash shop items. Add more in-game items. Add one cash shop and one in-game item that is village-exclusive. Don't mess with what is already owned by many. :c

• Like 1

Guest Glitch Yagyu

Nin Online has always been ultimately about Roleplay, and to some people's notice, the RP has seemingly vanished slightly, so I think this would be a perfect idea to revive some more RP-Related ideas and help people per-village play their role for their village.

Ultimately, an amazing idea, and there seems to be no real downside to it, so I hope it's an overwhelming, "Yes"!

1 hour ago, Yuko said:

Nin Online has always been ultimately about Roleplay, and to some people's notice, the RP has seemingly vanished slightly, so I think this would be a perfect idea to revive some more RP-Related ideas and help people per-village play their role for their village.

Ultimately, an amazing idea, and there seems to be no real downside to it, so I hope it's an overwhelming, "Yes"!

Idk. People having their items that they earned taken from them seems like a pretty obvious downside. xD The idea is fine, but shouldn't be implemented using existing items. New items should be created with the intent of being village-exclusive. That way both sides win.. nobody gets their items taken, and Nin still gets that RP aspect. 

• Like 3

On 12/27/2017 at 6:29 PM, Yuko said:

This game has role play elements, however the game and the community has evolved into primarily pvp and some roleplay. I dont like forcing everyone to look the same. I think it's better to strike a good balance because I don't want to see things such as "clothing choice for combat reasons go away." I prefer having a choice in the clothing I'm capable of buying..I don't like the choice aspect to go away for someone like me who always changes clothing constantly. To wake up one day to find less clothing options would be definite downgrade.It's homogenizing clothing and I don't like it.

• Like 1

I'm split on whether or not to restrict certain clothing for villages because:

1) If you are a sand wearing leaf clothing at a time of war you seem like a traitor and vise versa.

2) At the same time, one might believe wearing enemy clothing would be good and accepted by the Kage for reconnaissance reasons.

3) Like the reason above, different clothing makes up for a "Transformation Jutsu" we don't have.

4) There are already few clothing/cosmetics as it is in-game and limiting it in this way would take out 2/3 of the options that were once available.

I know I haven't gave any answers to this problem, but my goal was to make others reflect upon all the pro's and con's to make a more solid decision for themselves.

(We were level 9)

Me and my friends love customizing our characters, so when we found out that Takumi village and the Sand village had different clothes we began our journey to find fashion! First was Takumi village, during the journey we had to run away from bears and tigers. We used our new cloaking jutsu and the substitution jutsu we learned. Eventually, we outsmarted the bears and the tigers only to find a masked man in front of the village.

He sees us and begins charging his chakra. We look at each other and make a "OH SHIT!" face. I activate a substitution jutsu and my friend starts to charge the cloaking jutsu. Then, I use body flicker to warp behind him and start running. He casts some water bullet thing and my substitution jutsu activates. I run up hoping to lose him behind some houses. At this point my friend is already cloaked and heading south. He doesn't lose me and I keep running. Suddenly, my friend uses his fuma shuriken to stun him. This gets me time to body flicker to my friend and we both cast the cloak jutsu. We run around until we find the clothes shop. I bought some clothes and my friend decided to save his money for the Sand village.

We re-cast cloak no jutsu and we run out of Takumi Village. On our journey to the Sand Village, we made sure to avoid the Tunnelers and Scorpions. We make it to the tile north of the Sand village that still has scorpions and I see a Sand shinobi low on health. I recognize that he has a bounty on his head. Me and my friend dash in and punch him to death. We defeated him! I got the bounty and we begin heading into the village cloaked. As we get closer to the village, another sand shinobi spots us and makes  his way towards us. Scared, we run into the village and I cast substitution and run down. In the moment, we split up and hide in order to wait for the cooldown of cloak no jutsu. I re-cast it and we run around the village for what seems like forever before finally finding the clothing store. We are struck with awe from the astonishing clothes being sold in the store. I can't make any purchases due to the money I spent in Takumi Village, but my friend buys a sweet coat. 

After all this, we run to the bounty collection office and collect 7 ryo. Now, with our bounty in hand, we return to the leaf village looking fly as fuck.

THAT'S WHY VILLAGE LOCKED CLOTHING IS A  GOOD IDEA!

• Like 1