Akatsuki Attack 10/22/2016
The first official attack from the Akatsuki, more types of events like these will come. Make sure to stay up-to-date for upcoming events, we will make announcements for special ones ahead of time going forward!
We had this fun little event several months ago, although we've been trying to find a Media person to make the video edit for a long time. Special thanks to @Jester. You can find his YouTube in the description of both the 2nd Chunin Exams and this video. I have made sure to edit them to include it, to give proper credit and to thank him for his hard work!
The game is just getting started, we will continue to have unique events like this one and post them on YouTube for everyone to see. These will be snapshots and contain the best parts of the event, we will try to go midway of the duration we did with the 2nd Chunin Exams making them last around 30 minutes. This is also one of our plans to make the game grow. We're getting better at creating videos and content, that is super professional and RP-oriented. I wanted to make it up to you guys for not producing the best video for the 2nd Chunin Exams, since we made a lot of mistakes and are working on making our content better.
A special thanks to everyone that participated in the event!
2nd Chunin Exams Recap 09/25/2016
We had a Chunin Exams event on the 23rd of July, quite a long time ago. Sorry it took us so long to get the recap up. We've cut it up to shorten it and basically showcase the important parts of the event. Let us know if we did anything wrong and we will improve on the next one. @HypnoMan was expected, but he didn't show up on time and had to fill in for him. There may no longer be a voice shoutcaster, we are not sure what you guys prefer. Let us know! This is also still a big work in progress and we are still improving our performances.
Our next step is to get Closed Beta out! We know people are salty about losing both Chunin Exams and feel like they were cheated, we won't make each one feel like this and are making improvements. Even though, we want it to be hard - sometimes it can be too hard. We will try to mix it up a bit and not always have the same host. The 3rd Chunin Exams will be hosted by me.
World Blessing 07/28/2016
We've decided to release the Server Blessing feature early, which allows players to buy a mass experience boost across the entire server. This will allow players to reach level 30 easier right before the 2nd Chunin Exams. This will become available shortly, later today.
World Blessing will cost $5 each and will last one entire hour. These items will be refunded when we wipe as a side note, so it is not a risk to buy it now if you are not level 30 yet! if the server gets taken down for some reason, the time will return when it comes back up! They also display you for 1 hour on all player's interface showing that it was you who helped them level.
The reason that Nin Online will never have exp boosts for individual players is because we are very against any features that are P2W. A global 1.5x experience boost will serve as a way to help out other players, more so than yourself we're sure!
Once we reach Beta our focus for the game is the journey, not reaching the max level cap. As such, the leveling experience is meant to be much much slower than it is now. We're promoting RP and progression of character more so than how high your level may be.
2nd Chunin Exams
Patch Notes 1.9.6 07/13/2016
This is a another quick hotfix patch to fix some bugs with the game and balancing changes with the Event Headquarters. This is probably the last patch. It depends if you guys keep finding bugs or not.
- Fix social login to work correctly, those who create an account using Facebook, Twitter, or Google can now login without issues.
- Fixed missing click sound.
- Fix Google login to work, it did not work as intended and was independently broken due to a change in our infrastructure.
- Fixed the search function to require the full name entered, for personal messaging, inviting to team and such to prevent sending to the wrong player.
- Fixed a game server crash.
- Fixed messages and numbers appearing at random spots rather than at the correct player.
- Fixed the Training Scroll message and many other messages to appear when used correctly.
- The Authentication Server disconnects inactive clients after 60 seconds.
- Fixed a bug if team was full, it could glitch you where you could not enter a team or spectate until you left map or relogged.
- Fixed bug with target window not displaying correctly.
- Fixed a bug with getting stuck logged in.
- Logout animation plays when you fully logout rather than when you start to logout.
- Fixed a bug with the event not displaying the correct options when talking to Velva or Ashe.
- Fix projectile range to hit the tile in front of you.
- Mastery description fixed (wasn't working).
- The Training Scroll cost has been changed to 10 Event Tickets up from 5.
- Adjusted the rewards of Event Headquarters to 300/150 for win/lose up from 250/100. Kills/assists give 2/1 Event Tickets down from 10/5.
- The cost to start an event has been reduced to 1,000 Ryo and to enter the event costs 500 Ryo. Exiting will require repayment.
Parch Notes 1.9.5 07/11/2016
This is a quick hotfix bug with a few changes to the game, and it should be the final patch until Closed Beta begins. This contains no major balance changes.
- Event Headquarters fixed a bug while leaving spectating would not leave the team you were spectating, not allowing you to join back. Also, fixed a bug for not ending the event properly after it was over and being able to earn Event Tickets outside the event by killing ninjas anywhere.
- Fixed game client crashes.
- Fixed not being able to login if you AFK while on server select or hit back before logging in. If you would attempt to login and fail, it could glitch you to not be able to login again.
- Fixed other login problems such as disconnecting while logging in and logout issues for not logging out completely.
- Fixed running animation bugs.
- A Toad is in Leaf Village square to give you one free Scroll of Stat Reset.
- Updated the Event Chest to contain Robes store.
- Removed being able to upgrade Training Scrolls.
- Added a Spectator option in the Event Headquarters.
- Raised reward for winning Team Deathmatch to 250 Event Tickets and lose 100, vs. 100 and 50.
- Reduced kills to win Team Deathmatch to 25 down from 50.
- Removed asking for you to spectate if team is full since Spectator option has been added.
- Lightning Senbon no longer stuns at rank 3.
- Heal Wounds cooldown increased for rank 3 to 18 up from 17.