Onimaro Himitsu

Rory Q&A December 2018

18 posts in this topic

INTRODUCTION

Hey guys! So recently I have been messaging some of you asking about any questions you felt haven't been answered when it comes to development or suggestions and you guys had so many that I was really overwhelmed! I have chosen 10 questions for this month and will try to make this a monthly thing to try be a bridge between community and staff about progress! With that being said, this is the questions I chose to ask Rory/Ueda with his answers under the question in bold. If you have questions for next months, feel free to message me privately or comment below!

QUESTIONS

How close is Mist to being ready?
The current state of completion for Mist village map is around 40% in terms of art and mapping, and then there's still the scripting required to get all the tutorials, Npcs done before it's an operational village. Coupled with all the custom NPC art, I would say its still far off, months. But the reason why progress on Mist is only at this stage is because priority - development wise - has always been the summons and new masteries.That's much closer. 

how will the first Mist Kage be chosen?
I have a few people in mind, but basically out of a myriad of players who are deemed active enough,  we will host a battle to the death to determine the leader of the Bloody Mist. Unfair right? That's the politics of the bloody mist. Only the strong survive. Each village runs on a different political system that is like a mini-experiment to see how players make the best of it, deal with it, and we get to see what kind of people flock to which kind of leaders. This is already apparent in the sand and leaf villages. Under different leaders, each village has attracted different kinds of ninja and different amounts of ninjas. There will be times where the leader is not influential enough or active enough to keep a lot of active ninja. That's part of the experience. 

Will we have to reset to join Mist and if so what protects Mist from early release raids from the other villages or could we have a time period during its release where we could "migrate" to the Mist?
No there will never be a way to change villages. For various reasons. One being that each village offers a different leveling experience, different unique jutsu, summons, Missions and storyline Missions (eventually). The other reason is that this doesn't happen in the Naruto universe. You just don't change villages. You either are the one you are born in, or go missing. Strict borders. 

When will new Kazekage be picked?
January, the process is happening as we speak!

Will Tai/GF be nerfed or made separate masteries at all? It's ridiculously strong right now.
All sub-paths will under go a major rebalance soon and everyone affected will be given free stat resets! 

Has a clan system been put in place? If so, how will it work?
It's planned, but still far away. It will work very differently from Organization. Unlike player made organization, clans will be actual village families you can choose from. Each player will pick a clan they are a part of after character creation and they will get exclusive clan clothing options and hidden jutsu unique to that clan. Each village will have different premade clan families. It is free for players to organize the family trees themselves in these clans though. The reason for a small selection of premade clans unlike organization which are player made is so that families don't just keep appearing and dying out and they will consist of more than 10-20 people. In the long run, when you log back in after months you will still see new clan members from generations later and have a place to belong. 

Will clan estates be a thing?
Clan estates will be a thing when clans appear! 

Why haven't we had a Dojo with arena map setting added for sparring? [Link]
Building a single sparring dojo is against the game designs focus on open world pvp. We build an extensive world for players to fight in different environments so that players will engage in fights in the vast open world. We also hold regular tournaments where players can meet once every week or two to fight in an arena style. Turning Nin Online into an arena pvp game is not planned! There's Shinobi striker for that. 

Will something such as kekkei genkais or Genjutsu be added? Even something like Crystal Style?
Kekkei Genkais styles are simply mixing masteries. But certain villages will have different mixes for some elements. 
We don't have any genjutsu that makes your entire screen black or anything crazy planned but they might become Clan jutsu!

Why did tool cooldown change? It has caused a bug and only a few people use two tools. Could it be reanalysed to be more balanced to consider the masteries that use only one type of tool?
Tools were never meant to be spammed consecutively that way, it was neglected when balancing initially because it was not coded in that we could make two different jutsu go in CD at the same time. Throwing tools are meant to be a single combat element. Only tool ninjas should have a method of spamming tools that way!

13 people like this

Thanks for posting that ;v really helpful

1 person likes this

2 things

1. List the questions separate from the answers

2. It's spelled 'December'

5 hours ago, Onimaro Himitsu said:

The other reason is that this doesn't happen in the Naruto universe. You just don't change villages. You either are the one you are born in, or go missing. Strict borders.

Mitsuki immigrated to Leaf

1 hour ago, Shiki said:

Mitsuki immigrated to Leaf

His father was originally from Leaf

2 people like this

@Shiki Karui and Temari also migrated to the leaf. Correct me if I'm wrong.

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, Enzou said:

@Shiki Karui and Temari also migrated to the leaf. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Marriage 

1 hour ago, Enzou said:

@Kuraen Wilkor Isnt that still migration tho? They became citizens through marriage. 

Do we have a marriage system on Nin? When we do then we could swap villages like that but until then not a thing 

Edit. Also village swap via marriage only happen between allied villages 

Those above + Kushina are few examples of this happening in Naruto. If you'd like to go strictly by the naruto universe then you shouldn't even be allowed to leave your village without a permission.

So it's not like it did not happen in Naruto, it's more like @Ueda does not want it to happen and we have to deal with it.

I am also a bit worried about how a Kage is chosen for the Mist. I would rather let @Ueda strictly interview people he has in mind and choose someone of a good opinion in his mind for the position as there will always be those masteries that are superior in Duels or Group Fights or Support or Ambush type of situations, and some will always be considered broken while some far less so. We have seen how a village can turn out in wrong hands, I wouldn't want to see it happening again.

7 people like this

@Kuraen Wilkor Yeah i guess but I think that migration shouldn't be impossible on Nin. It doesn't have to be through marriage, it could just be a missing nin from one village looking for asylum from another village. I'm not saying that it should be a system where ninjas are jumping from village to village like they are playing a game of hot potato but I think there should be feature where a kage can recieve a request from a rogue ninja that is unhappy with the way things are going in their own village and accept or deny based on their own discretion. It doesn't really matter to me if this is a thing or not but I think it would open up opportunities for Role Play.

12 minutes ago, Enzou said:

@Kuraen Wilkor Yeah i guess but I think that migration shouldn't be impossible on Nin. It doesn't have to be through marriage, it could just be a missing nin from one village looking for asylum from another village. I'm not saying that it should be a system where ninjas are jumping from village to village like they are playing a game of hot potato but I think there should be feature where a kage can recieve a request from a rogue ninja that is unhappy with the way things are going in their own village and accept or deny based on their own discretion. It doesn't really matter to me if this is a thing or not but I think it would open up opportunities for Role Play.

Opens to big window to abuse, you would have half of Sand population with Gentle Fist

On 12/7/2018 at 11:40 AM, Kuraen Wilkor said:

Opens to big window to abuse, you would have half of Sand population with Gentle Fist

In fairness, half of sand population is like 3 people at this point.

On ‎07‎.‎12‎.‎2018 at 4:46 AM, Onimaro Himitsu said:

INTRODUCTION

Hey guys! So recently I have been messaging some of you asking about any questions you felt haven't been answered when it comes to development or suggestions and you guys had so many that I was really overwhelmed! I have chosen 10 questions for this month and will try to make this a monthly thing to try be a bridge between community and staff about progress! With that being said, this is the questions I chose to ask Rory/Ueda with his answers under the question in bold. If you have questions for next months, feel free to message me privately or comment below!

QUESTIONS

How close is Mist to being ready?
The current state of completion for Mist village map is around 40% in terms of art and mapping, and then there's still the scripting required to get all the tutorials, Npcs done before it's an operational village. Coupled with all the custom NPC art, I would say its still far off, months. But the reason why progress on Mist is only at this stage is because priority - development wise - has always been the summons and new masteries.That's much closer. 

how will the first Mist Kage be chosen?
I have a few people in mind, but basically out of a myriad of players who are deemed active enough,  we will host a battle to the death to determine the leader of the Bloody Mist. Unfair right? That's the politics of the bloody mist. Only the strong survive. Each village runs on a different political system that is like a mini-experiment to see how players make the best of it, deal with it, and we get to see what kind of people flock to which kind of leaders. This is already apparent in the sand and leaf villages. Under different leaders, each village has attracted different kinds of ninja and different amounts of ninjas. There will be times where the leader is not influential enough or active enough to keep a lot of active ninja. That's part of the experience. 

Will we have to reset to join Mist and if so what protects Mist from early release raids from the other villages or could we have a time period during its release where we could "migrate" to the Mist?
No there will never be a way to change villages. For various reasons. One being that each village offers a different leveling experience, different unique jutsu, summons, Missions and storyline Missions (eventually). The other reason is that this doesn't happen in the Naruto universe. You just don't change villages. You either are the one you are born in, or go missing. Strict borders. 

When will new Kazekage be picked?
January, the process is happening as we speak!

Will Tai/GF be nerfed or made separate masteries at all? It's ridiculously strong right now.
All sub-paths will under go a major rebalance soon and everyone affected will be given free stat resets! 

Has a clan system been put in place? If so, how will it work?
It's planned, but still far away. It will work very differently from Organization. Unlike player made organization, clans will be actual village families you can choose from. Each player will pick a clan they are a part of after character creation and they will get exclusive clan clothing options and hidden jutsu unique to that clan. Each village will have different premade clan families. It is free for players to organize the family trees themselves in these clans though. The reason for a small selection of premade clans unlike organization which are player made is so that families don't just keep appearing and dying out and they will consist of more than 10-20 people. In the long run, when you log back in after months you will still see new clan members from generations later and have a place to belong. 

Will clan estates be a thing?
Clan estates will be a thing when clans appear! 

Why haven't we had a Dojo with arena map setting added for sparring? [Link]
Building a single sparring dojo is against the game designs focus on open world pvp. We build an extensive world for players to fight in different environments so that players will engage in fights in the vast open world. We also hold regular tournaments where players can meet once every week or two to fight in an arena style. Turning Nin Online into an arena pvp game is not planned! There's Shinobi striker for that. 

Will something such as kekkei genkais or Genjutsu be added? Even something like Crystal Style?
Kekkei Genkais styles are simply mixing masteries. But certain villages will have different mixes for some elements. 
We don't have any genjutsu that makes your entire screen black or anything crazy planned but they might become Clan jutsu!

Why did tool cooldown change? It has caused a bug and only a few people use two tools. Could it be reanalysed to be more balanced to consider the masteries that use only one type of tool?
Tools were never meant to be spammed consecutively that way, it was neglected when balancing initially because it was not coded in that we could make two different jutsu go in CD at the same time. Throwing tools are meant to be a single combat element. Only tool ninjas should have a method of spamming tools that way!

First mizukage gonna be rory or any of admin's second gonna be ofc @Yukimura there is no other choice :) 

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Sukki said:

First mizukage gonna be rory or any of admin's second gonna be ofc @Yukimura there is no other choice :) 

While I am interested in this position, I would still leave it up to the @Ueda to come up with a good, perfect solution for everyone.