Samurai Jun

Jutsu Cancellation

6 posts in this topic

So with the combat/balance changes to masteries giving them higher chakra power cost and cast times I'm sure most of you all have noticed that Esc can be used to cancel a cast time jutsu before it fires out to prevent it from being used and it going on delay and costing CP.

I Suggest instead of it being the Esc key which is used to get out of a few things like mission,friend, and etc windows Seth/Rory should add a way to change the key or make a separate key entirely to cancel jutsus and allow us to customize which key we want it to be for such.

IDK about you all but for me its hard to reach up to esc to cancel a jutsu keep moving + use another jutsu or the same 1.

With this function thought; I also suggest that there be a limit on the amount of times you can cancel a jutsu before it fires. (Ie. I cancel drilling bullets twice and the 3rd time I try to cancel I get a message prompt saying, "You can't cancel this now." With that message the jutsu proceeds to fire like it would normally after its casting is complete whether or not you pressed the cancel key.

5 people like this

33 minutes ago, Ninj said:

I also suggest that there be a limit on the amount of times you can cancel a jutsu before it fires

No way. The game already rewards passive playstyles more than aggressive playstyles, if we couldn't cancel casts as much as we want you wouldn't be able to approach anyone.

The option of changing the key would be fine, but making it a completely separate key is a no-go for me.
And no, it's not that hard to reach escape for me personally whilst continuously moving and trying to use other jutsu right after.

1 person likes this

Not necessarily a limit of the jutsu but a simple short cooldown on the jutsu that was cancelled so that it cannot be spammed. 

Skill action pvp games usually avoid this issue by simply having no cast times because cast times themselves hurt the game action wise. But those that implement cancelling techniques put a small punishment( CD ) for choosing to cancel your jutsu because otherwise you can quickly build up an advantage over your opponent cooldown wise by just baiting all their techniques out without losing anything. It essentially turns the game from an action based combat system to a strategic system. 

Baiting an enemy rewards you with the enemy losing a cooldown + chakra but since it is a skilled based game ( I hope )then unsuccessful baits should also be punished but not severily in a way it would punish initiation. So in a way the game actually offers unfair aggressive playstyle @Mikecw because a bait is an offensive move, people just aren't using this type of mechanic because it requires the player to be very skilled in his every action. Flicker is in the exact same category, you cannot see flicker coming so there is no counter play apart from pre-emptively using sub. So again the game does not really favor passive playstyles, the only thing that favors passive playstyle is the current Chakra cost of jutsus. 

As I have said earlier, this issue will be addressed when people start abusing the spam cancel mechanic.

1 person likes this

Seth said he will add the possibility of canceling jutsu by pressing the same key used to cast it.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Savagelli said:

Not necessarily a limit of the jutsu but a simple short cooldown on the jutsu that was cancelled so that it cannot be spammed. 

Skill action pvp games usually avoid this issue by simply having no cast times because cast times themselves hurt the game action wise. But those that implement cancelling techniques put a small punishment( CD ) for choosing to cancel your jutsu because otherwise you can quickly build up an advantage over your opponent cooldown wise by just baiting all their techniques out without losing anything. It essentially turns the game from an action based combat system to a strategic system. 

Baiting an enemy rewards you with the enemy losing a cooldown + chakra but since it is a skilled based game ( I hope )then unsuccessful baits should also be punished but not severily in a way it would punish initiation. So in a way the game actually offers unfair aggressive playstyle @Mikecw because a bait is an offensive move, people just aren't using this type of mechanic because it requires the player to be very skilled in his every action. Flicker is in the exact same category, you cannot see flicker coming so there is no counter play apart from pre-emptively using sub. So again the game does not really favor passive playstyles, the only thing that favors passive playstyle is the current Chakra cost of jutsus. 

As I have said earlier, this issue will be addressed when people start abusing the spam cancel mechanic.

This is retarded. You NEED cancelling jutsu more than ever now because of all the fucking casts and chakra costs. Without it you can't approach anyone at all without having your jutsu go on long CDs and wasting large amounts of chakra. The game totally favors passive play. Every fight is just people running around until their homings or flicker is off CD because every action, even minor ones, require insane amounts of commitment with enormous chakra costs, cast times, and self stuns. Even Lumy is using flicker now because of how much the game discourages aim and skill now. Jutsu cancelling is the only thing that allows a fight to actually go forward, and if you change that then people won't even fight anymore.