Juken

Miss/Deflect rate

11 posts in this topic

Miss and Deflect rate should take into account your opponents stats. I found it silly that element users are able to consistently melee masteries which invest a lot of points into their melee stats. The 20 STR Fan is really meta for element users and they are able to land those melee hits consistently onto users which have more than 100 points in STR/AGI.
With Tai/GF having more cast times it is easier than ever to land melees and Fan melees into them.

I have no problem with masteries which have invested enough points into melee stats to be able to damage me but it's just wrong for someone with a 2 damage melee or a 20 STR Fan to be able to consistently hit me. The 2 damage melee is mostly used to break Substitution but the 20 STR Fan can consistently stop casts or be used to knockback people, snare them and then combo easy damage into it.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree, this is also why melee masteries such as STR WM and AGI Tai have a much harder time in PvE because basic attacks only miss/gets deflected once in a blue moon, and there's no way to reduce damage taken. Due to this, melee masteries cannot rely on their basic attacks to deal damage against higher level mobs as they can easily melt you if you go into melee range with no way of defending yourself.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Shiki said:

Agree, this is also why melee masteries such as STR WM and AGI Tai have a much harder time in PvE because basic attacks only miss/gets deflected once in a blue moon, and there's no way to reduce damage taken. Due to this, melee masteries cannot rely on their basic attacks to deal damage against higher level mobs as they can easily melt you if you go into melee range with no way of defending yourself.

Agi Tai and Str WM are 1v1 based. I just think that taking of int melees who does only 2 damage and are easy to avoid is stupid because melee masteries are really good right now, probably the bests in 1v1s 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Lumy said:

Agi Tai and Str WM are 1v1 based. I just think that taking of int melees who does only 2 damage and are easy to avoid is stupid because melee masteries are really good right now, probably the bests in 1v1s 

INT melee does only 2 damage, yes, but it is used to take Subs away from melee masteries which already risk enough to go into melee range with all the jutsu that elements can use against them, which is why it's unfair that they are able to easily land a melee (and possibly take a Sub) on a mastery which is made to go melee range.

 

 

1 hour ago, Shiki said:

Agree, this is also why melee masteries such as STR WM and AGI Tai have a much harder time in PvE because basic attacks only miss/gets deflected once in a blue moon, and there's no way to reduce damage taken. Due to this, melee masteries cannot rely on their basic attacks to deal damage against higher level mobs as they can easily melt you if you go into melee range with no way of defending yourself.

Yea, I agree. Doing bosses as a melee mastery is close to impossible in most cases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just said it’s easy to avoid... WMs base their stuff on melees all the time and excels in 1v1s with only one sub. Int users take a risk too by trying to waste your sub, they can get meleed 2-3 times wich results to 80-160 damage depending on the mastery. I can get meleed 4 times in one sec against an high agi, wich results to at least two times trying to take one sub away.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Lumy said:

I just said it’s easy to avoid... WMs base their stuff on melees all the time and excels in 1v1s with only one sub. Int users take a risk too by trying to waste your sub, they can get meleed 2-3 times wich results to 80-160 damage depending on the mastery. I can get meleed 4 times in one sec against an high agi, wich results to at least two times trying to take one sub away.

WM excels in 1v1s with only one sub cause it has 2 run cast homing warps, you don't even have to get close with it as long as you just spam those. A melee mastery takes more risk going into melee range, you're easy to hit with any jutsu, you shouldn't also fear having your sub taken by a melee attack or being fanned away off a cast by a 20 STR fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, God Fist said:

WM excels in 1v1s with only one sub cause it has 2 run cast homing warps, you don't even have to get close with it as long as you just spam those. A melee mastery takes more risk going into melee range, you're easy to hit with any jutsu, you shouldn't also fear having your sub taken by a melee attack or being fanned away off a cast by a 20 STR fan.

Tai excels in 1v1s too. That thing would only buff them. You’re complaining about int users taking away agi users sub. When agi users use their melees too waste int users sub. That would be unfair, this idea onlh buffs melee masteries when they dont need any at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Lumy said:

Tai excels in 1v1s too. That thing would only buff them. You’re complaining about int users taking away agi users sub. When agi users use their melees too waste int users sub. That would be unfair, this idea onlh buffs melee masteries when they dont need any at the moment.

A melee mastery taking a Sub in melee range is fine tho, an element user has no place trying to melee a mastery that is actually made to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The reasons aren’t right. I already said int melees are easy to avoid, agi tai has jutsu with 4-5sec CD lol, I can easily get CCed by going close to them trying to break their sub. YS would be way too strong with this idea. I also already said that melee masteries excel in 1v1s anyway that would only buff them. But it looks like your mind is already made up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just restrict fans to fan users.

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just find weird that melee hits can be dodged. Can you get hit by a jutsu and dodge it? nope. Melees are using the same mechanics as jutsus. Its litterally the exact same thing. melee hits are ''skill shots'' as much as a 3 tiled projectile. Why are they the only thing that can be dodged and deflected?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now