Nefarious

Include "Chance to crit" in jutsu

31 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Mikecw said:

You're only looking at one side of the equation. For every fight you win with RNG, another person loses to RNG they could do nothing about. It's not fun to be on the receiving end of bad luck, heck it's not even fun winning because of good luck, it just makes me feel like I didn't deserve to win. You guys would love RNG up until you lost to RNG.

Masteries like Taijutsu and Weapon Mastery already crit with their melees and noone ever complained about that. I fail to see why the same wouldn't apply to jutsu.

2 people like this

Basic attacks tend to be harder to land and they arent really strong without combos(speaking from a wm perspective at least).Also,they can miss/get deflected,jutsus dont miss or get deflected,unless your aim is bad or your opponent is good at dodging/cancelling.If you look at the bigger picture,people are normally using jutsus to fight,not basic attacks...most masterys dont even have a real use for basic attacks.Adding a crit chance for jutsus would lead to a very frustrating experience sometimes,for those who die to them,but maybe even for those who use them,because the opponent can then say,,you just won because of crit,you got lucky''.I wouldnt want to win because of luck in a duel,i want to win because of skill.Also,you can already deal out some really strong combos,especially when youre ambushing people via cloaking,and thats already frustrating enough.Now add the crit chance to this.....people could technically die to 1 combo,without being able to do anything,as long as every hit crits.You cant combo with basic attacks alone,thats why its not a big deal if just basic attacks crit,it doesnt make a huge difference.

2 hours ago, Cocaine said:

Masteries like Taijutsu and Weapon Mastery already crit with their melees and noone ever complained about that

Nope,i always complained about the RNG in this game(when it comes to combat),it just didnt change anything so i learned to live with it.Im a WM but i wouldnt mind if we would lose our crit chance for basic attacks,might aswell remove crit/deflect/miss completely from the game.

1 person likes this

I'm neutral about this one. For one, it may lead to more exciting fights and results. However, it may also lead to frustration due to losing a fight you know you should have won.

11 hours ago, Cocaine said:

Masteries like Taijutsu and Weapon Mastery already crit with their melees and noone ever complained about that. I fail to see why the same wouldn't apply to jutsu.

The only reason crits aren't a big issue is because they don't work with most jutsu. If tai could crit with jutsu it would be absolutely broken since crits already scale with agi.

23 hours ago, Mikecw said:

The only reason crits aren't a big issue is because they don't work with most jutsu. If tai could crit with jutsu it would be absolutely broken since crits already scale with agi.

All projectile jutsu and projectiles can crit and it's not as significant to gameplay as you're saying.

15 minutes ago, Cocaine said:

All projectile jutsu and projectiles can crit and it's not as significant to gameplay as you're saying.

Most jutsu can't crit and it should be kept that way

1 person likes this

Well, I'm neutral about this idea of having a critical chance at everything, but if the game have (I doubtfully), do not forget to put a dodge chance on everything too, because these two variants always coexist.

Dodge Treat Wounds-- Dodge Cell Regenerate-- Dodge Chakra Scalpel Buff-- Dodge Substitution Buff--

17 hours ago, Corgee Sasayaki said:

CRITICAL HEALS tho - make it happen

CS + HEAL = EZ PZ NIB NAB NUB