41 posts in this topic

I think there should be a limit of 2-3 alts per person. This prevents account selling (Actually a thing that happens rn), improves RP because you know who tf you’re talking to, prevents people from abusing in-game mechanics in a great variety of ways including but not limited to; bounty farming and killing of that char on a low level char for instant levels, finishing ww/bounty hunting by farming alts, and selling alt kills to other players. 

With this you would have to think very carefully where your allegiances lie as you would have to reset to switch sides. It would also remove the need for new alt new life rule and prevent instant exiling. 

How to make this happen for people with 4+ characters: Ban the extras. I have 10 alts with 5 being over level 40 btw.

@Ueda

1 person likes this

I don't want my gameplay to be limited to only few masteries or few villages to choose from or... the list goes on.

It does not improve RP by any way since this game is heavily reliant on PvP.

As for account trade-selling, if Rory wanted to he could shut down most of what's going on if he had the time and resources.

4 people like this

Account selling is bannable offense if caught with appropriate evidence. That's how it works pretty much everywhere. To my eye game is doing well if there's people stupid enough to buy currency/accounts in exchange for real life money.

1 person likes this

Even if we wanted to, It's impossible to enforce this. here's ideas for solutions and problems with those ideas.

Block IPs / Check IPs
VPNs

Block Mac Addresses
Reset your Mac Address

Charge for creating accounts
People will still pay more money to make more alts, there'll just be less players and the game won't be F2P

Moderate on a hE sAy ShE sAy basis "hE's aN aLt, hE jUsT cHaNgEd IpS"
Everyone would be banned

Sit next to each player as they play and make sure they login the same account
Not omnipotent enough

3 people like this

Would be fun if some words would summon a creepy face like in that "Sword Art Online: Alicization" it should say something like : We got you frand!" and disappear with a message to the staff.

I know its impossible, but it gives a chuckle.. a small one at least.

23 hours ago, Ueda said:

Even if we wanted to, It's impossible to enforce this. here's ideas for solutions and problems with those ideas.

Block IPs / Check IPs
VPNs

Block Mac Addresses
Reset your Mac Address

Charge for creating accounts
People will still pay more money to make more alts, there'll just be less players and the game won't be F2P

Moderate on a hE sAy ShE sAy basis "hE's aN aLt, hE jUsT cHaNgEd IpS"
Everyone would be banned

Sit next to each player as they play and make sure they login the same account
Not omnipotent enough

Couldnt you automate this task on the character create screen somehow? Ive seen so many mmos that have 2-3 character limits per server(some even limit you 1 character per server). I realize Nin is a very small game comparatively speaking but there must be some way to mitigate this because people are abusing this so much that its become a straight up plague on the game. I mean seriously alt abuse is  one of the top 3 plagues on this game right now.

1 person likes this

52 minutes ago, TetsuHawk said:

Couldnt you automate this task on the character create screen somehow? Ive seen so many mmos that have 2-3 character limits per server(some even limit you 1 character per server). I realize Nin is a very small game comparatively speaking but there must be some way to mitigate this because people are abusing this so much that its become a straight up plague on the game. I mean seriously alt abuse is  one of the top 3 plagues on this game right now.

Okay but the way around masteries is just to buy a mastery reset for [insert insane amount of ryo here] or make it a cash shop item. Boom. Pls make this a thing; it would prevent so many people from resetting. Probably lower the alt count a bit too tbh. 

2 people like this

1 minute ago, Nik said:

Okay but the way around masteries is just to buy a mastery reset for [insert insane amount of ryo here] or make it a cash shop item. Boom. Pls make this a thing; it would prevent so many people from resetting. Probably lower the alt count a bit too tbh. 

No.

2 people like this

1 minute ago, SparkZZ said:

No.

Why not? 

1 hour ago, Nik said:

Why not? 

Mostly because their loss of time spent on alts. "Money can't buy you more time."

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Nik said:

Why not? 

So that everyone goes meta? Nah

Paying for such things is straight up aids

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Light said:

Mostly because their loss of time spent on alts. "Money can't buy you more time."

At that point I'd feel like too many excuses were given. If people didn't create the alt spying issue; then we wouldn't need to have alts removed to some extent. If people respected the new alt new life rule; we wouldn't need to have the alts removed to some extent. It would definitely cut down the people who are innocent of these RP crimes and take them out of the picture. Everyone else at this point would be using alts for some other purpose other than trying a new life. And if anything; it does save time because you aren't going through the effort of making another e-mail account. 

2 minutes ago, SparkZZ said:

With the way I'm thinking of it going is that so many mastery resets would be bought it would speed up progression time with making the game, also there would be so many that you wouldn't even be able to tell who is who based on mastery. Just my thought process though. Maybe I'm over-positive. 

31 minutes ago, Nik said:

With the way I'm thinking of it going is that so many mastery resets would be bought it would speed up progression time with making the game, also there would be so many that you wouldn't even be able to tell who is who based on mastery. Just my thought process though. Maybe I'm over-positive. 

Raising the funds to the detriment of the game isn't right. How boring would it be if we had to fight GF/WM all day.

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, SparkZZ said:

Raising the funds to the detriment of the game isn't right. How boring would it be if we had to fight GF/WM all day.

I disagree, and I'm just not going to explain why. 

37 minutes ago, Nik said:

I disagree, and I'm just not going to explain why. 

Ain't nothing to explain. This topic been brought so many times.

1 minute ago, SparkZZ said:

Ain't nothing to explain.

Nah I just have a filter on some things for specific reasons. 

1 minute ago, Nik said:

Nah I just have a filter on some things for specific reasons. 

Rory made it clear that it won't happen anyway.

1 hour ago, SparkZZ said:

Sounds like broke in here

In seriousness though mastery reset would pave the way for new metas. A lot of people don't have the time to spend months experimenting with builds so they just go with whatever's broken. If we allow people to change their masteries we'll see a more diverse mastery pool because people aren't locked in anymore.

2 people like this

1 minute ago, Kugeki said:

Sounds like broke in here

Lmao

2 minutes ago, Kugeki said:

In seriousness though mastery reset would pave the way for new metas. A lot of people don't have the time to spend months experimenting with builds so they just go with whatever's broken. If we allow people to change their masteries we'll see a more diverse mastery pool because people aren't locked in anymore.

"Choose the mastery you like, not the strongest".

I used to have that thought of yours, but for the time I played, I saw that it just isn't the case. People rather go with OP mastery combo than making their masteries work, because that's just the simpliest thing to do.

2 people like this