41 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, SparkZZ said:

"Choose the mastery you like, not the strongest".

Too bad the game doesn't work that way.

So many pick a mastery that they don't like. They pick a mastery that was changed in the past 3 months. They pick a secondary mastery that doesn't work well with their current one. You can't choose a mastery you like because there's no test field to know what mastery you will enjoy. Shout out to all the people who got to level 50 a year ago and advanced masteries come out.

14 minutes ago, SparkZZ said:

Rory made it clear that it won't happen anyway.

Everyone's mind is capable of persuasion. 

3 minutes ago, Kugeki said:

So many pick a mastery that they don't like. They pick a mastery that was changed in the past 3 months. They pick a secondary mastery that doesn't work well with their current one. You can't choose a mastery you like because there's no test field to know what mastery you will enjoy.

I hoped myself that staff would have let that test server, this was the best way for players to test things out without degrading the experience on the main one.

2 minutes ago, Nik said:

Everyone's mind is capable of persuasion. 

Not with that suggestion though. A test server is the best solution we could get.

I can understand from a gameplay perspective why there isnt mastery resets. It would sort of be p2w. Also from a game design perspective it doesnt lock the player into the consequence of their own choice which im more of a believer in. As far as alts go, I think going the way of mmorpgs is the best way to go. I remember when playing Vanilla World of Warcraft back in the day when they forced you to make 1 character per faction on a server. It forced the consequence of choice on the player and kept the server balance so it wasnt overran with alt players, that would have destroyed things like in zone pvp etc. At the beginning of playing this game I thought limitless alts were cool but when I saw how people started using them I changed my mind about that pretty quickly.

5 minutes ago, Kugeki said:

So many pick a mastery that they don't like. They pick a mastery that was changed in the past 3 months. They pick a secondary mastery that doesn't work well with their current one. You can't choose a mastery you like because there's no test field to know what mastery you will enjoy. Shout out to all the people who got to level 50 a year ago and advanced masteries come out.

Most noobs pick the mastery they like before they care about the mastery that's the strongest anyway. Hell, I'm sure a lot of people don't care about the strength of masteries either because the amount of people that think skill matters most makes up a decent percentage of the fanbase. It would most likely be diverse.

3 minutes ago, SparkZZ said:

Not with that suggestion though. A test server is the best solution we could get.

How does a test server destroy alt spies? 

32 minutes ago, Nik said:

How does a test server destroy alt spies? 

You said having mastery reset would lower the number of alts that exist to test stuff, a test server would do the same. It was your argument here. What's the difference? Wasn't refering to that "spy alt issue", simply because it's stupid.

Spy on what anyway? Maybe stop being paranoid? Sand has gotten into your head buddy. It's a game lmao, get some help.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, SparkZZ said:

You said having mastery reset would lower the number of alts that exist to test stuff, a test server would do the same. It was your argument here. What's the difference? Wasn't refering to that "spy alt issue", simply because it's stupid.

Spy on what anyway? Maybe stop being paranoid? Sand has gotten into your head buddy. It's a game lmao, get some help.

6 hours ago, Nik said:

Okay but the way around masteries is just to buy a mastery reset for [insert insane amount of ryo here] or make it a cash shop item. Boom. Pls make this a thing; it would prevent so many people from resetting. Probably lower the alt count a bit too tbh. 

3 hours ago, Nik said:

At that point I'd feel like too many excuses were given. If people didn't create the alt spying issue; then we wouldn't need to have alts removed to some extent. If people respected the new alt new life rule; we wouldn't need to have the alts removed to some extent. It would definitely cut down the people who are innocent of these RP crimes and take them out of the picture. Everyone else at this point would be using alts for some other purpose other than trying a new life. And if anything; it does save time because you aren't going through the effort of making another e-mail account. 

On 4/23/2019 at 4:25 AM, Nefarious said:

I think there should be a limit of 2-3 alts per person. This prevents account selling (Actually a thing that happens rn), improves RP because you know who tf you’re talking to, prevents people from abusing in-game mechanics in a great variety of ways including but not limited to; bounty farming and killing of that char on a low level char for instant levels, finishing ww/bounty hunting by farming alts, and selling alt kills to other players. 

With this you would have to think very carefully where your allegiances lie as you would have to reset to switch sides. It would also remove the need for new alt new life rule and prevent instant exiling. 

How to make this happen for people with 4+ characters: Ban the extras. I have 10 alts with 5 being over level 40 btw.

@Ueda

It might be smart to read the entire topic, just saying SparkZz. The entire topic is based on alts and eliminating alt-abuse. It's not that Sand has gotten into my head, and there is no reason to be toxic. You haven't been in the situation I was in where we've caught alt spies in the act I guess. It's not even paranoia; it's a daily thing that genuinely happens. 

I agree with @SparkZZ on all points regarding mastery resets. That would be a horrible idea.

It's unfortunate that alt limits can't be coded into nin.. that would indeed be a daunting task. 

1 hour ago, Nik said:

It might be smart to read the entire topic, just saying SparkZz. The entire topic is based on alts and eliminating alt-abuse. It's not that Sand has gotten into my head, and there is no reason to be toxic. You haven't been in the situation I was in where we've caught alt spies in the act I guess. It's not even paranoia; it's a daily thing that genuinely happens. 

Tell me about it lmao... Many people, me included, witnessed how you guys like to see alts everywhere. One of the factor which made Sand empty.

If you can't deal with the few persons who actually do bother spying an empty village, too bad.

But have fun lol.

1 person likes this

Just now, SparkZZ said:

Tell me about it lmao... Many people, me included, witnessed how you guys like to see alts everywhere. One of the factor which made Sand empty.

If you can't deal with the few persons who actually do bother spying an empty village, too bad.

But have fun lol.

kthx

Just now, SparkZZ said:

No prob. :D

Appreciate the sportsmanship, champ. 

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Kugeki said:

Sounds like broke in here

In seriousness though mastery reset would pave the way for new metas. A lot of people don't have the time to spend months experimenting with builds so they just go with whatever's broken. If we allow people to change their masteries we'll see a more diverse mastery pool because people aren't locked in anymore.

I believe mastery reset at the full release for capped characters would be the right thing to do as we had no idea where the game is going. Unfortunately very unlikely to happen.

1 person likes this

Limit on alts would be stupid, there’s so many mastery combinations I should be able to try them all without having to reset a character. It won’t improve RP in any way too. It’s just limiting our gameplay.

12 hours ago, Lumy said:

Limit on alts would be stupid, there’s so many mastery combinations I should be able to try them all without having to reset a character. It won’t improve RP in any way too. It’s just limiting our gameplay.

The idea though isnt to limit gameplay for anyone, its to make it less overbearing for everybody as a whole. I mean seriously Noone needs limitless alts. 2-3 slots max would be fine if you are really trying different builds out. Other games seem find ways to live with that.  and Again none of this stuff would be an issue if people didnt abuse it as much as they do to ruin the experience for others. Besides theres tons of information out there about different mastery combinations etc. The need to play each and every one isnt always necessary. Im also sure it would lighten the bandwidth load of the server in some ways too.  Or better yet heres an idea. Let players buy extra slots on the cash shop!

On 25.4.2019 at 1:35 AM, SparkZZ said:

Lmao

"Choose the mastery you like, not the strongest".

I used to have that thought of yours, but for the time I played, I saw that it just isn't the case. People rather go with OP mastery combo than making their masteries work, because that's just the simpliest thing to do.

^

There’s abuse in any game, and you can’t restrain people from having fun because others cheat. There’s actually people that has more than 3 alts level 50 and probably wants more account. There’s not major abuse on alts anyway.

On 4/25/2019 at 2:27 AM, TetsuHawk said:

Couldnt you automate this task on the character create screen somehow? Ive seen so many mmos that have 2-3 character limits per server(some even limit you 1 character per server). I realize Nin is a very small game comparatively speaking but there must be some way to mitigate this because people are abusing this so much that its become a straight up plague on the game. I mean seriously alt abuse is  one of the top 3 plagues on this game right now.

That's nothing to do with this, and people would just make more accounts. 10 x 2-3 is 20-30.

Also, I'm not saying I wouldn't prefer if people focused on less characters instead of making alts. That's more immersive.
I'm just saying there's no way to enforce it accurately.