Heartache

Make fan useful again!

3 posts in this topic

Hi hi, I made a post a while ago when fan was changed, and people would say "it's a new change it's gonna be balanced", but its been quite a while and nothing's changed.. mastery is as useless as it gets, everyone is resetting stats to go int wind.

After the change tank build (and any other build) for fan became not viable at all, cause you do literally 0 damage, so I went 130 strength.

This is the damage I deal with 130 str, Blue fan and maxed jutsus:
unknown.png

unknown.png

In comparison, my 100 str Gentle fist does 90-100 damage on jutsus, that are insta cast and knockback..

I get that the change was made, so the mastery fits the anime more, Temari being ranged and all.. but the execution is questionable. Is it more important for the mastery to fit the anime than being actually used at all? I really don't see anyone who wants to be able to compete using it, ever. 
No damage, selfstun on 3 out of 5 jutsus, cast time on 4 out of 5 jutsus, slowest moving projectiles in the game (tornados, which stun, so its ok), offensive builds don't work, defensive builds don't work, you can't trade with elements, because your damage is non existent and you get selfstunned, you cant fight melee masteries, because you are literally defenseless close range.. what exactly is the purpose of the mastery?

Only suggestion I have is, revert the changes.. Or, fix the scaling and give the fan melee hits (1 tile around the character) and nerf the projectile's range/damage. If it's currently neither melee or range, instead of lacking in both, just make it be both. 

I really hope @Ueda looks into this and finds a solution, so the mastery doesn't stay ruined.

5 people like this

^ Yes please.

And also, i noticed the base dmg of the fan doesn't affect jutsus dmg anymore like it used to before the latest changes.

so it wasn't only mechanism change of fan melee but also a big dmg nerf for both fan jutsus and fan melee projectile.

If Sword jutsus are affected by weapon base damage, so should fan..

atm in order to use fan u gotta go fan/sword or wind/element with just enough str for tornadoes.. which is kinda waste of a mastery imo :I

1 person likes this

I already cried for the fan changes but, I want to say something.

I can understand that they wanted to make fans more like the anime, but then why tf GF's can fly to me with his flicker and destroy me? I mean, in the anime they arent suppose to be insta-dmg users, they kill you slowly by injuring the organs of the enemy, but here they flicker on you and kill you like they are rock lee, when they aren't suppose to be rock lee.

And I understand that they changed the fan melee to a projectile for that, but that free nerf to the dmg? also now str wind jutsus doesn't scale with the fan dmg, so a normal fan user can do the same dmg as a blue fan user and they added more attack speed to the fans, thats also a free nerf when the mastery already was bad with all the self stun stuff, but it was ok with the old melee, now is hard to hit melee (projectile), hard to hit jutsus if u don't die for using it beacuase u will get self stunned, hard to do more than 300 dmg in a fight, and hard to be useful in a fight.

So please, at least if you nerf a mastery, nearf the broken one, and not the one who was useless to make it even more useless.

1 person likes this